Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One AF Increase

tag
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Credit One AF Increase

Did anyone notice that Credit One is raising the AF to $78 per year? The $5.75 per month fee is going to $6.50.
"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One AF Increase

Wow, sorry to hear.

Your scores look pretty good in your siggy. Maybe you can cut this one loose? You should have been able to get some decent cards, yes?

Message 2 of 17
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, sorry to hear.

Your scores look pretty good in your siggy. Maybe you can cut this one loose? You should have been able to get some decent cards, yes?

I agree with stef. Have you thought about a solid rewards card like Chase Freedom?

Here we go again...
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

why would you pay $78 a year?.cancel this card and try boa or discover.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt get that notice..
Message 5 of 17
score_building
Senior Contributor

annual fee increase, ouch!  i just hope your clock is ticking on a closure for this one considering your siggy scores.

the fact is that your current scores appear to significantly exceed those of their target audience, i agree with the other card suggestions here. or, do you have a good cu card yet?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 17
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I just wanted to send a heads-up to anyone who has the card.

This was my second rebuilder card in December 2006. I wanted to have two full years of history on it before I closed it.

It started at $250 and every time I called to close I hit the luv prompt and they raise it another $100. It's up to $750 now. I called last month and they agreed to waive the $5.75 fee for 6 months. I now have a current balance of -$7.30. When it reports next month I will finally have no balance on any revolving cards, instead of the stupid $5.00 on this one.

Thanks to the Board, I added 4 accounts in 2008: 2 Amex, a BJ's Juniper, and Discover.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 7 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

mandela - some people can only get cards that you pay an annual fee for. 

I would rather pay the $78 than not have a card at all.

Message 8 of 17
TigerCat
Valued Member

I got the notice as well. I'll pay it this year, but then probably close it next year. Credit One is pretty much a rebuilder card. But I must say they gave me a chance after my total credit meltdown 3 years ago. IMO, it was money well spent. Better than paying AMEX their ridiculous fees for an overrated card.

EQ 682  EX 679  TU 624

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this one , and im seriously considering cutting it off. I have Wamu and discover and cap one with limits over 3k for each so its bye bye to this one ..Ive had it since 05 ... they now have a $3.04 balance with a 1k CLI... Anybody had any luck on getting increase past 1k or annual fee removed?
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.