cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank ( Amex Offer ) is moving away from Sub Prime Cards.

tag
bustout
New Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank ( Amex Offer ) is moving away from Sub Prime Cards.

@heirophant wrote:

Did they permanently remove the AF?

Yes, they even made me agree to a new TOS that had no annual fee...and who knows what other pitfalls. Interest rate and card number remained the same.

Message 11 of 14
bustout
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if I call and ask them to "Cancel" if hey would give me the CL from the Amex they are offering. 

I guess not worth the trouble for me. The Credit One Visa I have currently is old and only a &1K limit but always paid in full and I only use it once a month for something tiny and then pay it in full ASAP. Knowing my luck they wouldn't offer a retention offer and would just say "Okay Sir it is closed" lol. I ONLY keep it open because I am willing to part ways with the $39 a year annual fee for it being my oldest open card. 

I aked about that and was told...no they would not. I did not pursue because it sounded final and I understand the promotion is to get people into a second card.

Message 12 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That Amex of theirs has been around for a bit now. I want to say at least a year, if not 2. They do seem to be trying to move up in the world a bit, but as someone mentioned upthread, they have a bad reputation that will be hard to overcome, IMO. Also, yes, they do have cards with no AF and/or a grace period, including on their Platinum Visas. If you go on their site, they have various "tiers" of terms they could potentially offer - some with higher/lower AF, some with/without a grace period, various interest rates, etc.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 13 of 14
csl1
Contributor

If I remember correctly, CreditOne doesn't provide the ability to set up autopay. This was as dealbreaker for me. I opened a Mastercard with them and closed it 6 months later. I do think it's interesting that they now offer an amex. I wouldn't personally sign up for one but I do understand the appeal.

☞ Credit Cards: NFCU AmEx, NFCU Visa Signature, PenFed Pathfinder Visa, Truist Enjoy Cash, Discover It, Capital One SavorOne, Citi BB Visa, Paypal MC, PayPal Store Card, CareCredit, Cap1QS1
♛ Total Credit Lines: $52,750
⚖ Chapter 7 Discharge: October 2018
☼ Credit Scores: Mid to High 600s
☮ Gardening As of May 13, 2022

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.