Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank Application Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One Bank Application Question

I applied online for a pre-approval offer that I received in the mail. After completing the application I was told in was being processed and to check back. Well I did, only to see the same message again later. I called and was told it may take up to three weeks for the process to complete!!! Is this normal or does this sound like a denial in waiting those of you have applied previous?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank Application Question

this is very normal.  It took almost a month to get my card back in January.  In the mean time I got another preapproval offer from them and also applied for it.  Well the second one was denied of course and I got 2 hits on my credit report for inquiries.  LOL  This is an ok card if you use your bill pay to pay the bill (they charge 7.95) and their monthly fee is 5.75 a month, after the initial 75.00 is deducted from your credit line.  Originally got 400 and then after 1 month, raised to 600.00   I just closed my card because I am moving to no fee cards but this one was better than most.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input granny. I can't believe in this day and time of "instant approval" or denial, it would take them a month. Oh well...
Message 3 of 5
_andClimbing
Contributor

Ditto that. I think my approval went pretty quick, but the CL of $600 was boosted to $700 after the first payment. It's meager, but it's something.

I pay online through my bank to avoid the $7.95 fee, but it they are SLOOOOOOOOOOW to post payments.

Good luck!
5/11/08 FICOs: EQ - 551
8/6/08 FICOs: EQ - 659, EX - 663, TU - 683
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give it 3-5 business days did same to me..i will never use the card just util..
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.