Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank Card Activiated!

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank Card Activiated!

@ds3 wrote:

Congrats! I know the feeling of finally get a preapproval...I got this card last month, and jumped on it. Don't let others rain on your parade...it's a rebuilder, and it will get you where you're heading. I PIF last week, and there was no charge for paying through their website.

No one is trying to rain on someone elses parade and I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.  Everything I said about the card was positive and that it probably helped me in building my credit, but since there is an AF that I will close the account when the year is up.  You consider that raining on someone's parade?  

Back to the topic....I had to remember what I didn't like about their online payment system.  First there is a fee for the express payment in case you need to make a payment that day (like if you forgot to make your payment).  Secondly, when I made a regular payment (no fee) using their online service it took some days for it to post and open up that available credit again.  I can't exactly recall the days but I think it was more than 4 or 5 days.  From that point forward I used my own banking bill pay and as soon as the payment hits Credit One my available credit opened back up.  

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 11 of 21
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Interesting. I have online bill pay with wells Fargo so I may use that if I need to use a quick pay. Not trying to use this card much I have two secured cards one with capital one ans wells Fargo that I use mostly. Im sure you appreciated credit one for giving you the opportunity to rebuild. Did your score increase with using them? I would talk to CSR about waving the annual fee. I'm sure they would work with you because closing an aged account can hurt your score

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 12 of 21
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@rightcoast wrote:
Yea it does! It was the best sub-prime card I found after extensive review searching. I probably could have got a better card but I did not want anymore hard inquiries. Got four within a year and I was pre approved for this one. I will let everyone know how it affects my credit overtime

No Lie...I agree. I have not had one issue with them and they do give CLI's as well. just for a fee...as expected.

Hoenslty, I never had an issue with FP either. It was just their time and no more fees.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 13 of 21
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@ds3 wrote:

Congrats! I know the feeling of finally get a preapproval...I got this card last month, and jumped on it. Don't let others rain on your parade...it's a rebuilder, and it will get you where you're heading. I PIF last week, and there was no charge for paying through their website.

No one is trying to rain on someone elses parade and I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.  Everything I said about the card was positive and that it probably helped me in building my credit, but since there is an AF that I will close the account when the year is up.  You consider that raining on someone's parade?  

Back to the topic....I had to remember what I didn't like about their online payment system.  First there is a fee for the express payment in case you need to make a payment that day (like if you forgot to make your payment).  Secondly, when I made a regular payment (no fee) using their online service it took some days for it to post and open up that available credit again.  I can't exactly recall the days but I think it was more than 4 or 5 days.  From that point forward I used my own banking bill pay and as soon as the payment hits Credit One my available credit opened back up.  

That might have changed because since dealint with Citi and their stupid bill pay....it didnt clear on 12/1 when i submitted it for 11/30....Some payments went through on 11/30 and i was able to check my creditors sites to see if the payments posted. Credit One from Citi took about 4 days i believe...so i had to make a payment through their site and it was no fee

The express pay is to have your credit line restored. I didnt need that, i just wanted to pay the darn thing.

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 14 of 21
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Sparkz. Did you score pop-up when you started use this credit one card. How did it help improvement wise and what other cards do you have because of it?

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 15 of 21
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@rightcoast wrote:

Sparkz. Did you score pop-up when you started use this credit one card. How did it help improvement wise and what other cards do you have because of it?

At the time i had C1...Cap 1 Citi Secured and FP...with use of all of those my score def went up. Think i started at like a 580 then to a 660 when i got my car a few years back

Now im back at 662....Its the inquiries im sure and one baddie that is paid and will fall off in mid 2014...

Message 16 of 21
ds3
Regular Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@ds3 wrote:

I wasn't insinuating that YOU were raining on the OP's parade, and apologize if it struck you that way. When I posted last month about getting this card, there were a couple of really condescending comments that were made towards me, and I was just trying to encoure the OP to be happy about getting the preapproval because I know what it means to finally get one. I also plan to close this card before paying another AF, but in the meantime, I will use it and PIF each month.

Message 17 of 21
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Im in the same position you were in. I have Cap 1 secured, Wells Fargo Secured, and Credit 1 unsecured. At the beginning of the year I plan on getting a car loan to help revolving credit. If I get approved atleast. Did the car loan give you a push?

Message 18 of 21
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Have you tried Capital 1 ? Just so you can avoid fees if you need another card

Message 19 of 21
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Yea they are the reason why I turned to Credit One. I was denied for the "Fair Credit" Capital One Rewards Card, even though I have had their secured card for a year, they still declined me! Very irritating

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.