Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank Monthly Annual Fee

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Bank Monthly Annual Fee

@Anonymous wrote:
 rsmy1234 I am drolling over your 40K double cash limit lol

I've had that limit since 2007 (it wasn't a DC back then) and they won't raise it. Never really need all of it anyway. 

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Still thats a nice limit anyway!

Message 12 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@Anonymous, thresholds for overall utilization are at 8.9% and 28.9%. 18.9% shouldn't matter.

@Anonymous, I'd close the two Credit One cards now, and I'd close Merrick once you get a Visa or Mastercard that can replace it. Most people are fine when any reported balances are below 28.9%. If your scores are iffy, adjust your balances accordingly until you have higher limits.

Also, I wouldn't at this stage overworry about utilization/scores compared to the real money going out.   You are paying $17 a month in fees, which while not huge is over $200 a year.    If you didn't have a better card I can see MAYBE keeping one, but with a discover and an Amex,  I would close them all.  Or follow HeavenOhio's advice if you shop at places that need a Visa/MC rather than Discover or Amex.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

So question then about the threshold thing.. does having a balance under 8.9 even ding the score? Or is it over 8.9 a ding then over 28.9 a larger ding?

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

My Credit One doesn't have a monthly AF? It is just 39$ a year...Do they really charge you monthly?

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh well, they have different terms and one of them is no monthly fee like yours. Its rarer to come across. If you already paid your AF of 35 then at this point I would say just sit on it until it comes up for renewal, then cancel it.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.