Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank pre approval

tag
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Credit One Bank pre approval

any thoughts?   23% APR  $69  annual fee,   $69 application process (one time)   Not the best deal out there but with my credit, as the saying goes beggers can't be choosy,   The only good thing about it is it's not a secured card.

anyone have any dealings with these guys, or any thoughts? 

Thanks
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Cory
Established Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank pre approval

Boswd wrote:
any thoughts?   23% APR  $69  annual fee,   $69 application process (one time)   Not the best deal out there but with my credit, as the saying goes beggers can't be choosy,   The only good thing about it is it's not a secured card.

anyone have any dealings with these guys, or any thoughts? 

Thanks

Hello Boswd,

If you got a pre-approval from Credit One, most likely you can get a Orchard Bank Card. I have that card and even though those fees are high, Credit One is a good company. I'll say go for it. It will give another positive tradeline.

Credit One raise my Credit Limit without me asking for it. But, let's see what other might say.

Cory
Message 2 of 15
UnderEstimated
Contributor

Depending on your credit, that may be a "good" offer.  Some have outrageous fees that are nearly $200.  Do you know what your credit limit will be?

Message Edited by UnderEstimated on 06-01-2007 08:38 AM
Message 3 of 15
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Thanks,   I applied for Orchard Bank and I only qualified for their Secured Card.    Hopefully this one will be ok.   I'm not too worried about the apr since I have learned my lesson the hard way, I will only be using it as a credit builder and buy groceries or something like that once a month and payoff it off as soon as the bill comes in. 
Message 4 of 15
Boswd
Valued Contributor

UnderEstimated wrote:
Depending on your credit, that may be a "good" offer.  Some have outrageous fees what are nearly $200.  Do you know what your credit limit will be?

Not yet,   I went ahead an applied and I got approved,pending identification verification,  no credit limit was given as of yet.
Message 5 of 15
Cory
Established Contributor

Boswd wrote:
Thanks,   I applied for Orchard Bank and I only qualified for their Secured Card.    Hopefully this one will be ok.   I'm not too worried about the apr since I have learned my lesson the hard way, I will only be using it as a credit builder and buy groceries or something like that once a month and payoff it off as soon as the bill comes in. 

I don't see anything wrong with it. I use them to raise my credit score and now Wamu has sent me a pre-approval offer. I'm not going to even accept right now.

Sometimes you just have to do what you got to do to make it right.
Message 6 of 15
Boswd
Valued Contributor

yeah that's what I figured I would do.   I was shopping around and with my credit rating, that is around the norm.   I could get a better apr with a secured but I would prefer a non-secured first.  So we'll see.
Thanks for your input.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DW has a CreditOne account.

My biggest complaint is they charge you to pay online!!!!
We have to send a check.. Always 2 weeks early so they "have plenty of time to get it in" if there is any doubt I pay the $5.75 to pay online.

This get PIF every month as it is her "allowance card"
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have them, they have treated me pretty decently, they gave me a CLI within 6 months. Never have any problems.. but i'll be closing the account due to the fees. Great credit builder, though.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

be careful w/Crap 1 "pre approval"  ...they sent me a "offer" in the mail, told me it was "pre-approved", but need to do a soft pull.  After double and triple checking with "customer service" that it would be a soft pull and I was pre approved.  THEN DENIED>>

A few days later i had credit alerts from ALL THREE, and guess what.....ALL HARD PULLS...
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.