Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank should go home they are drunk

tag
LenaLuthor
Contributor

Credit One Bank should go home they are drunk

So get this.   Every once and a while, I get a credit line increase from Credit One Bank credit cards.  

I have two with them and  both paid off.  Both have  1100 credit avail. (yay)

Got an email saying - accept today to get your 200 CLI.   Okie dokies ... I did  

The page comes up and it says  0.00 and makes me put in my  income info.  

The next page says we're sorry we can't give you one. ....  what!?  haha   Every other time they offer these,  they go thrugh no problem.  

I thought maybe there was an issue with their website. So I called the automated line, put in the auth code.  Same process and outcome as above.   

So finally I call and get someone from across the world.  He says I will get a letter explaining why.   

This doesn't make any sense haha. I don't understand that  they are offering it to me, its like already a done deal,  here's the money  add it to your limit and then they don't?  lol    Credit One ....  they are another card that is just annoying soometimes  

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Bank should go home they are drunk

They are a sub-prime lender, they don't make much sense. Have you tried getting a secured card from a national big bank?
Message 2 of 15
LenaLuthor
Contributor

I have one from BOA. 

Both my credit one cards have OK limits on them so I don't mind keeping them open and using them for small stuff and pay it off straight away when the charge hits the account.  

Message 3 of 15
LenaLuthor
Contributor

here's what I have   - all with Zero balances Smiley Happy  

Cap 1 (2) MC 300.00

BOA MC 500.00

Cap 1 MC 900.00

Merrick Bank Visa 1,100.00      

Credit 1 Bank Visa 1,100.00

Credit 1 Bank MC 1,050.00

Also have  all with Zero balances Smiley Happy  

Victorias Secret    1,000.00  

Amazon Prime Store Card    900.00

Care Credit  2,000 

Paypal Lne of Credt  2500.00   

I am open to  improving my cards so all suggestions welcome Smiley Happy   I have been rebuilding my credit for a year now.  Just recently  over the past few months have become  obsessed with learning all I can and getting my score to 721.  (personal goal)   Right now it is at  640  womp womp 

I just paid off my all 5K worth of  my 5K credit cards a few days ago.  I hope that  pushes my 640 score up some.   How many points do you thnk ? 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont let all your cards report zero.  carry a balance on one of your bank revolvers of 6-7% and pay it off after the statement cuts.  If all zero you will get a scoring penalty for none usage.

Message 5 of 15
NRB525
Super Contributor

@LenaLuthor wrote:

here's what I have   - all with Zero balances Smiley Happy  

Cap 1 (2) MC 300.00

BOA MC 500.00

Cap 1 MC 900.00

Merrick Bank Visa 1,100.00      

Credit 1 Bank Visa 1,100.00

Credit 1 Bank MC 1,050.00

Also have  all with Zero balances Smiley Happy  

Victorias Secret    1,000.00  

Amazon Prime Store Card    900.00

Care Credit  2,000 

Paypal Lne of Credt  2500.00   

I am open to  improving my cards so all suggestions welcome Smiley Happy   I have been rebuilding my credit for a year now.  Just recently  over the past few months have become  obsessed with learning all I can and getting my score to 721.  (personal goal)   Right now it is at  640  womp womp 

I just paid off my all 5K worth of  my 5K credit cards a few days ago.  I hope that  pushes my 640 score up some.   How many points do you thnk ? 

Congrats on paying down the balances. And as noted, at least one card should report a statement balance of a small amount, or you lose points when every card reports zero. 

Next up, list the annual fees and transaction fees you pay on each card. It is likely time to look at closing both the Credit One cards due to those fees.  

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ this, and replacing them with something like Discover.
Message 7 of 15
LenaLuthor
Contributor

OOOO  thanks for the tips !!!    Yes   I have one card that  has like a small charge on it but more or less everything else is paid off.  Nothing has posted to the credit reports yet so they all show balances haha. 

So you think I should get rid of credit one cards and go to discover?   Wll that hurt my age of accounts?  Also, I am new at this can you tell me more of the thought process of why to close the Credit One banks and go somewhere else?   What's the missing piece I am not seeing.  See, I am very new at this so all I see is  avail credit limits and not oweing more than 10% on a card.   

What parts am I missing.  The average  Int rate for all my cards right now are still at 24% sadly Smiley Sad  I am trying lol 

Message 8 of 15
disney2
Regular Contributor

Credit One is drunk.  I cancelled both of mine and they send me letters and email every month asking me to open them back up.  Ummm, no thanks!  Discover is a good way to go or wait until your payoffs hit then do the prequalify of the major banks.  There are several that have them.  You could even try Capital One ( I can't remember if you said you had that one or not).  Discover is great.

Message 9 of 15
LenaLuthor
Contributor

When all you wonderful people say  "major banks"  what are some examples of this  Smiley Happy  

Thanks  you are all awesome. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.