Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Denied

tag
2ndTimeAround2012
Valued Member

Credit One Denied

Hello All!

My husband got "pre-approved" with Credit One.

We accepted the offer and when we actually applied he got denied!

The reason being is that he already has a card issued by them... but he doesn't. I have a card with them and he is an authorized user on mine.

So my question is - Does Credit One consider an authorized user as a card holder and that is the reason he can't get one his own?

Thanks

Rebuilding Mode!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit One Denied

@2ndTimeAround2012 wrote:

Hello All!

The reason being is that he already has a card issued by them... but he doesn't. I have a card with them and he is an authorized user on mine.

So my question is - Does Credit One consider an authorized user as a card holder and that is the reason he can't get one his own?

Thanks

Consider this as Credit One did him a favor. He really does not want this card, there are other cards out there that does not charge interest as soon as the transaction posts.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even capital one secured card is better than Credit One. I don't trust companies who try to imitate other company's logo and deceptively try to trick consumers thinking into another thing.

Trust me, they did you a favor by declining.

Message 3 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@2ndTimeAround2012 wrote:

Hello All!

Thanks

Consider this as Credit One did him a favor. He really does not want this card, there are other cards out there that does not charge interest as soon as the transaction posts.

To me credit one is definitely one of those "Gotcha!" CCCs...I think he's better off without it. 

Message 4 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

OP have you tried Cap1 secured??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 16
lithium78
Established Contributor

Credit One is one of the worst CCs out there.  They aren't worth it, so they did your husband a favor by denying him.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 16
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Credit One did him a huge favor! Not one of the best credit cards out there...I'd look around.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 7 of 16
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

I was denied by them too! I don't care why though, after reading all the posts on here! 

Message 8 of 16
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i just got a pre approval for them for 5k. but through it in the shredder. 

at first i was like capital one? and nope. 

you can customize cards with a personal photo which is kind of neat. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 9 of 16
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

i just got a pre approval for them for 5k. but through it in the shredder. 

at first i was like capital one? and nope. 

you can customize cards with a personal photo which is kind of neat. 

That's great and all but they have the nerve to charge $10 for it....at least with CapOne you can do that for free...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.