Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Denied

tag
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit One Denied

That is exciting news I cancelled mine before the 1 year hit so I wouldn't be charged 8.95 a month on a $0 balance

Message 11 of 16
RyVision
Valued Contributor

As the above responses imply, avoid Credit One.  The denial was a gift from the credit gods Smiley LOL

Your DH should check into Capitol One (I fell for the logo clone thinking it WAS actually some part of Cap 1, who I don't have a problem with).

I kept them for just short of a year to see what their EX score was saying (it actually did match other input I got about EX), then closed them before the AF hit.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One insists on sending me an offer every few months, I make sure to read through the paperwork associated and yeah, didn't like what I saw. Also, the fact that my mom had this card and she didn't like it.

Message 13 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1  Go for bigger and better.  Maybe clean his report a little and age the good that's on there.  Good Luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 14 of 16
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Im surprised that Capital one hasnt sued Credit One for basically trying to "imitate" their logo and such...

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 16
lithium78
Established Contributor

It's never a good idea to have a credit card administered by a collections agency.  That card is one of the biggest rip-offs out there.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.