Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Identity Verification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One Identity Verification

Rebuilding after a BK7 and was approved for a Credit One card. I received a letter in the mail today requesting verification as there may have been a mix up with my DOB and SSN.

They are requesting an original birth certificate, state issued ID AND a utility bill.

I don't have a problem submitting copies but I worry about sending my original B/C and DL especially since I was born overseas and getting a replacement B/C wouldn't be an easy task. And I just don't have confidence that they'll return the documents even if I do send them.

I'm going to call in the morning, but was wondering if anyone has experienced this? What if I just reapplied, would there still be a hold?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Identity Verification

Called, spoke with a rep who said copies were fine.

Message 2 of 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

For the fees and interest rate Credit One charges, the CSR should have mailed you their birth certificate

Congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would anyone go through the trouble of stealing an Identity and then apply for Credit One cards? Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was my thought exactly - and for a stinkin' $500 credit limit?  

But what's interesting is in order to finally talk to a rep they ask for your social and birthdate.  And I gave both - but the rep never said they didn't match what they have on file.  

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

For the fees and interest rate Credit One charges, the CSR should have mailed you their birth certificate

Congrats

LOL! 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.