Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Late Payment Text..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One Late Payment Text..

I just received a text from Credit One stating my monthly payment is past due.  I haven't had a card with them for almost a year now and I made sure it was closed.  The only contact I've had with them is them sending me mailers every week or so.

Wondering if anyone else ever receive anything like this from them?  Can't call or even try to access my old account because the phone number either doesn't connect or non stop ringing and their site doesn't seem very functional right now.  Kinda making me think they're having some sort of system glitch/failure or something?  /shrug

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit One Late Payment Text..

It's possible 'twas a glitch but with that lender, I would keep calling until I spoke to somebody.

In fact; I would make them mail me a retraction, paid in full, something..aaSuspicious_DXD5FP.gif

I seems like they may be trying to charge you an annual fee. Keep calling..

Good Luck

Message 2 of 27
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

Same situation here. I just received a text on my closed account saying past due. There's no answer on the phone number listed and can't log in either. I think it's a glitch but, I'm still going to keep trying. I want no problems.

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

It's possible 'twas a glitch but with that lender, I would keep calling until I spoke to somebody.

In fact; I would make them mail me a retraction, paid in full, something..aaSuspicious_DXD5FP.gif

I seems like they may be trying to charge you an annual fee. Keep calling..

Good Luck

Yeah, definitely plan on keep trying before I actually talk to someone.  Figured in the mean time, worth posting on here if anyone else had this experience.   

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ohjoy wrote:

Same situation here. I just received a text on my closed account saying past due. There's no answer on the phone number listed and can't log in either. I think it's a glitch but, I'm still going to keep trying. I want no problems.

Furthest I've gotten is a very choppy call through.  Like lag/robotic-esque sounding.  And when asked for my social, totally ignores my input and asks again before transferring me to more sound delay stuff.  

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received the same thing. I closed my account January 2018 according to my credit report. I tried signing into my old account, but it’s just spinning. I’m also on hold, but haven’t reached anyone yet.
Message 6 of 27
Catatonico
Valued Member

Same thing here... except I have 2 open accounts with them, but I made the payments AND they cleared my account last week (and aren't actually due until next week).  Same thing, too... the phone number just rings and their website doesn't seem to be responding.

Keep on keeping on!
Message 7 of 27
ImjustCool88

SAME THING. As soon as I can log in, I'm closing the account.  I just got a text that I have a "past due" balance when I haven't had a balance in months on the account.. I went to log in, and the website and phone ap aren't working. I called the number on the back fo the card and it RINGS AND RINGS. No joke - how do you find out what you "owe" a company when you can't GET AHOLD OF THEM??? Now I'm super paranoid that I somehow have a balance??!!

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got through. They said to disregard the text, ‘it is a known issue’ on their end they said.
Message 9 of 27
Effielin
New Contributor

I just got the same text..paid my account last week online as usual and I know it went through. Can’t log on to their site or get through on the phone. Thanks to you guys though I know it must be a glitch so I will sleep okay tonight. Hope they didn’t get hacked.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.