cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Late Payment Text..

Valued Member

Re: Credit One Late Payment Text..

Thank you for the update!! I was preparing for a battle, now I can relax and enjoy the evening Smiley Happy

Starting Scores 02/01/2017 - Fako: EQ 498 / TU 519 / EX /502 (11 collections, 3 tax liens, 1 30 day late)
Current Scores 07/19/18 Fico 8: EQ 721 / TU 731 / EX 736 (Clean report except 1-30 day late +3yrs)
AoOA = 5.5 years; AAoA = 16 mos.; AoYA = 4 mos | INQs EX 5 EQ 4 TU 6 | Util. 7%
Message 11 of 27
Regular Contributor

@Effielin wrote:

I just got the same text..paid my account last week online as usual and I know it went through. Can’t log on to their site or get through on the phone. Thanks to you guys though I know it must be a glitch so I will sleep okay tonight. Hope they didn’t get hacked.

Yeah, how I started to feel after others started responding.  Sucks/Hate that it happened, but glad it wasn't just me.  Kinda helps set my mind at ease - ya know?

Message 12 of 27

Yeah I was pretty stressed when I received the text. I kept asking the rep on the phone ‘are you sure it’s ok?!’ I def plan on watching my credit report and if anything weird pops up from them I will dispute it right away. I’m SO glad I found this thread, made me feel more at ease while I was waiting on hold.
Message 13 of 27
Frequent Contributor

hah i just logged in to post this same question i got the same alert nearly gave myself a heart attack havent used the card in months this is my greatest fear being late on a credit card payment but it seems it was a glitch

Message 14 of 27

haha lucky you.. at least you got someone to pick up!

Message 15 of 27
Highlighted

Everyone - ready for my theory? Here's Credit One's timeline:

1. Sends incorrect text to entire customer base

2. *oh sh*t we really screwed up, let's pull the phone lines down, and disable logging in so we don't have to explain to our customers, instead of just sending a mass email apologing for the glitch text*

I SWEAR companies would rather hang themselves and set themselves on fire than send an apology. Dealing w the same "customer experience" w/ macys rn.

Message 16 of 27
Valued Member

I just got the same text.  I haven't had a balance on this card for quite some time and just keep forgetting to call in and cancel the card.  I had just logged in 2 days ago to double check to see if I'd received an anual fee this year or not and had thought I had a -0- balance still.  I can't login or get through, but came here to see if anyone else was having the same problem.  I don't even have an actual card anymore... so I knew I hadn't used it lol!

Starting Scores (4/22/18): 712EQ; 696TU; 727EX
Current Scores (8/28/18) 730EQ; 702TU; 736EX
Goals: 800+

Discover IT $13k; Cap1 QS $4.3k; Cap1 GM $500; CO $2.8k; Chase F $1k; Amex BCE $1k; Gap Visa $1.6k; VS $2.9k; CareCredit $5.5k; Target $2.6k; Walmart $2k; JCP $2.5k; TJX $1.2; Justice $1.3k; HotTopic $850; Ulta $1090; Kohl's $3k; Best Buy Visa $1.8k; Amazon Prime $3.3k; Belk $2k; QVC $1.9k; PPE MC $600; Macy's $1.3k; Lowes $4.3k; Ikea $5.5k; BofA CR $3k; HD $1k; SFVR $3k
Message 17 of 27
Contributor

Thanks for posting this. I was having a mini heart attack thinking my payment hadn't gone through.

Website is down, I'm just getting busy signals on their 800 number. Imagine the $torm if they sent that text to every existing and former customer!

2/18 FICO 8's:
EX(692): 3.1yrs, 8 inq.
TU(654): 0.3yrs, 3 inq.
EQ(683): 3.1yrs, 3 inq.
Utilization: 50%

Wall of Shame (recent denials/wish list):

Message 18 of 27
Valued Contributor

@Billharrell wrote:
Thanks for posting this. I was having a mini heart attack thinking my payment hadn't gone through.

Website is down, I'm just getting busy signals on their 800 number. Imagine the $torm if they sent that text to every existing and former customer!

Former customer I got a text too!!!!!!!!

Penfed gold
Penfed promise
NFCU cash rewards
NFCU Amex
Nfcu Platinum

Citi simplicity
Discover
Amex BCE
Amex Magnet
Amex SPG
Wayfair
Care credit