Did you mean: 

Credit One Platinum Premier Rewards Visa 5% Cash Back

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit One Platinum Premier Rewards Visa 5% Cash Back

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyFault wrote:
5% cash back on those categories would be great if it was no AF, and they didn’t charge interest daily vs giving a grace period like everyone else. Too bad the uneducated will actual think this is a competitive card, and go after it.

They are rare but Credit One does actually send offers that include a grace period. I received a few of them. 

Every offer I've had from them has had a grace period.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 11 of 20
NRB525
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyFault wrote:
5% cash back on those categories would be great if it was no AF, and they didn’t charge interest daily vs giving a grace period like everyone else. Too bad the uneducated will actual think this is a competitive card, and go after it.

They are rare but Credit One does actually send offers that include a grace period. I received a few of them. 

This appears to be one, from 

https://www.creditonebank.com/pre-qualification/terms/wl16

Min 24 day grace period

So if you max out the $5K per year, you earn $250-95AF= a net $155.  A flat 2% card would only earn $100 on the spend.   So it's actually not terrible, if you don't have better cards, and can max out the categories

Plus, you earn 1% after maxing the 5%, and earn 1% on non-category, which is not nothing, and gets you halfway to the 2% card rate. 

If CreditOne continues updating their offerings, particularly for grace period, I will need to cease my prejudice against the card when a poster says they have CreditOne. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyFault wrote:

This appears to be one, from 

https://www.creditonebank.com/pre-qualification/terms/wl16

Min 24 day grace period

So if you max out the $5K per year, you earn $250-95AF= a net $155.  A flat 2% card would only earn $100 on the spend.   So it's actually not terrible, if you don't have better cards, and can max out the categories

Indeed. I have done the math and if I didn't earn 3% with no AF on groceries and my cable and cell bills, this card would actually be a net positive for me. If I maxed out the $5K I would be $5 ahead of my 3% cards. 

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adkins wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah this got posted awhile back. 

Gotta give them credit for trying to be a bit more appealing I guess? 🤷‍♂️ 

Huh. I'm usually good about finding previous posts, nothing immediately popped up. 

Mod: please fold into that post if necessary, thanks!

That's because it was mixed into discussion about the AMEX. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Credit-one-bank-Amex/m-p/5761746/highlight/true#M1670913

Message 14 of 20
forestgreenrover
Regular Contributor

I'm getting prequalified for this card but with a special $39 AF instead of $95. I'm restricted from posting screenshots or I would.
AmEx Gold, BECU Cash Back 38k, PSECU Founders Visa Sig 30k, IKEA Projekt 28k, NFCU CashRewards 28k, Macy's AmEx 25k, NFCU More Rewards 24.5k, PNC Cash Rewards Visa Sig 20k, PNC Core 20k, Lowe's 17k, Overstock.com 16k, NFCU Plat 15.3k, FNBO Visa 12.3k, AmEx BCP 12k, AmEx EDP 12k, Citi DC 11k, AmEx Delta Gold SkyMiles 10k, PayPal 2% 10k, NFCU CLOC 10k, BBVA Clear Points 9.5k, Amazon Store 8k, Discover it 7.9k, PenFed Power Cash 6.25k, Kay 5.25k, Huntington Voice Plat 5.1k, J.Crew 4.5k, 5/3rd Trio 4k, Citizens Cash Back+ 3.8k, BB&T Bright 3.5k, BB&T Spectrum CR 3.5k, WF Cash Wise 3k, Huntington Voice Rewards 2.9k, WF Propel 2k, BECU Visa 2k, Citi Goodyear 1.9k, Cap 1 QS 1.75k, Cap 1 QS 1.45k
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@forestgreenrover wrote:
I'm getting prequalified for this card but with a special $39 AF instead of $95. I'm restricted from posting screenshots or I would.

$39? That would be a much more interesting offer. 

I have heard too much hassle with them to ever get a card from them though. 

Message 16 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@forestgreenrover wrote:

@forestgreenrover you can post images now. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

At first I read this as Capital One...whew. I guess Credit One is trying very hard to up their game...but they're still crazy with all their fees and lack of grace period for most people (yes I know @Anonymous got an offer for one with a grace period, but no grace period still seems to be the norm).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9 wrote:
At first I read this as Capital One...whew. I guess Credit One is trying very hard to up their game...but they're still crazy with all their fees and lack of grace period for most people (yes I know @Anonymous got an offer for one with a grace period, but no grace period still seems to be the norm).

I was looking on their website and this card appears to have a 24 day grace period standard.

Message 19 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Was bored and had to see my "offfer" .  I closed it out obviously, i didn't qualify for the original offer, but a lower AF offer for said card.  $39 AF and 25.x APR and 24 day grace period..  Saw they also had a 2% with no af and grace period as well?  Appears they are trying to get a bit out of the sub-prime to prime game.  Red was one of the color choices among about 5 others.  I suppose one can come out ahead with this card over others, but suspect the CL for people with Excelllent credit to top out at 1500 on approval.

Why i did this to myself i have no clue as will be getting email/mailers non-stop for the next year :/... Boredom!

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 6.42.38 PM.png

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.