Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One, Talk me out of it! lol

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Credit One, Talk me out of it! lol

Getting declined by Household has made me mad, I want an approval but have no good reason for it!

I know Credit One will give me card since I just closed them about 6 months ago, but they only offer limits up to $1000, although that would probably be far better than my Sears Solutions MC!

Should I replace that, or add to it, or do nothing? 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One, Talk me out of it! lol

Do you have any bank cards or is the sears card your only card?

The only thing bad I have to say about credit one (besides the AF) is I have to mail in my payments to avoid a fee.

I feel like somewhat of a credit addict myself now that I am cleaned up and on the road to recovery. Everytime I get approved I get this great feeling and want to try again. I dont know how I am going to make myself be app free this coming year.

Message 2 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have a ton of Joint Accounts but most of the accounts in my name only have been closed by issuer this yearSmiley Sad

So I don't NEED credit, because I have over 75k worth, but should I be building more credit in my name only or does it really not matter. I like the feeling better 

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still relatively new to this so not sure about the difference in AU and sole accounts. My wife and I are joint on EVERYTHING and we have both got increases and decreases for the accounts so they seem to report the same but they are joint not AU and all are open.
Message 4 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes I'm talking about joint not AU. I applied, approved $350, but when I closed the card I had a $650 CL, So I will call when I get the card and see if they will bring it up otherwise not sure I will keep it, It will take me over a year to move up to 650 from 350, I don't want to do that
Message 5 of 18
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

I just got a credit increase today from credit one of 125 dollars was surprise they usually only give 100 dollar increments .My credit limit is now 1025 dollars. I will be glad when i get to the 700 club so i can get a better card. Hate the annual fees and the fees to pay online which i dont do i mail the payments. Ive had this card for 3years, they only give credit increase every 6 months of 100 dollars a pop even if u have never been late. They told me they dont give more than 100 dollars each credit increase has anyone got more than 100 dollars?
Message Edited by elaine829 on 12-18-2009 05:02 PM
Message 6 of 18
score_building
Senior Contributor

okstatefan5945 wrote:

The only thing bad I have to say about credit one (besides the AF) is I have to mail in my payments to avoid a fee.

I feel like somewhat of a credit addict myself now that I am cleaned up and on the road to recovery. Everytime I get approved I get this great feeling and want to try again. I dont know how I am going to make myself be app free this coming year.

view item #3 of siggie.

repeat as mantra several times a day.

arguably an even better feeling than any card will do approval is maintaining well the card(s) that you have good use for and casting aside those that would just be good for occupying itchy app fingers.  congrats on your progress!  stay the course of siggie, you won't regret it.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

It's very easy. You just don't apply anywhere. It's been over 5 years since I got my last CC (I have 7 total) and I have no desire for another one.

Here's to you having the willpower to resist. Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

You can do the same thing with hard work.

Message Edited by marinevietvet on 12-18-2009 09:26 PM
Message 8 of 18
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

Credit One is a good rebuilder. My mother recently filed ch7 bk and they were the only ones to give her a credit card...if you do decide to get it save the online payment fee by making your payments thru your online banking. It does come with monthly credit scores...although I'm not sure if they are ficos or fakos....i'd guess fakos. The fees are too high. Try getting a fingerhut account if nothing else, they approve anyone with a pulse...then keep it for a few months and capital one will approve you.
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Getting declined by Household has made me mad, I want an approval but have no good reason for it!

I know Credit One will give me card since I just closed them about 6 months ago, but they only offer limits up to $1000, although that would probably be far better than my Sears Solutions MC!

Should I replace that, or add to it, or do nothing? 

I'd say since Credit One recntly AF jacked all their current customers and added the NO GRACE PERIOD, they're a pretty mean company.  I just closed mine and couldn't be happier.  I'm sure you had good reasons to close yours 6 months ago so maybe you should go back to those?  My vote?  Stay as far away as you can!!!  Have you tried Orchard?  I know they have that pre-approval site.  Maybe that would work for you?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.