Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One product change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One product change

Hello! I currently have the Credit One Platinum card (39 AF) it gets 1% back in grocery, gas, tele. Had it for a year now. Would like to have the Credit One Amex thats 1% everywhere for the same AF, with some other Amex perks attached. Does anyone know if they will product change? It says the Amex is for "new customers only" and that existing customers should check their "offers" page. My offers page only ever says "add an AU"

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit One product change

I am not really sure how credit one works, you might give them a call?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

That's why I was seeing if anyone had experince with them, they list like 8 numbers on their website. ie call this number for payments, call this number for website questions, call this number for social media. I called once and the heavily accented gentleman said he would transfer me to the right department and transferred me to the automated number (there is a number that's for automated account info only). Maybe that was my answer "talk to the machine" lol They have been good as far as low fees (only ever been charge the AF) but they operate very oddly. Sometimes they will randomly want you to send in various documents (ID, ss card, bill, etc) or verify your payment account and they don't tell you when they want them, they just shut off your card and you call in and find out they want more info (no indication on the website that something is wrong either). No agent I've ever got through to seems to know whats going on. They make you chat with a live agent to make an instant payment online but the agent can ONLY process the instant payment, and answer no questions. No other way to chat online.

Message 3 of 10
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

That's why I was seeing if anyone had experince with them, they list like 8 numbers on their website. ie call this number for payments, call this number for website questions, call this number for social media. I called once and the heavily accented gentleman said he would transfer me to the right department and transferred me to the automated number (there is a number that's for automated account info only). Maybe that was my answer "talk to the machine" lol They have been good as far as low fees (only ever been charge the AF) but they operate very oddly. Sometimes they will randomly want you to send in various documents (ID, ss card, bill, etc) or verify your payment account and they don't tell you when they want them, they just shut off your card and you call in and find out they want more info (no indication on the website that something is wrong either). No agent I've ever got through to seems to know whats going on. They make you chat with a live agent to make an instant payment online but the agent can ONLY process the instant payment, and answer no questions. No other way to chat online.

Normally, getting ANYTHING out of Credit One requires one of two scenarios:

1. You call to cancel and they offer you a better product and/or better terms to stay.

2. You log into your account and the offer is waiting for you.

As an aside, you'll find that 95% of the time, their non-retention phone reps are powerless to do anything except give you account information.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think if I was to call to cancel they would transfer to a retention rep?

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Normally, getting ANYTHING out of Credit One requires one of two scenarios:

1. You call to cancel and they offer you a better product and/or better terms to stay.

2. You log into your account and the offer is waiting for you.

As an aside, you'll find that 95% of the time, their non-retention phone reps are powerless to do anything except give you account information.

Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello! I currently have the Credit One Platinum card (39 AF) it gets 1% back in grocery, gas, tele. Had it for a year now. Would like to have the Credit One Amex thats 1% everywhere for the same AF, with some other Amex perks attached. Does anyone know if they will product change? It says the Amex is for "new customers only" and that existing customers should check their "offers" page. My offers page only ever says "add an AU"

Honestly, if i were in your  position i wouldn't be trying to pc my Credit One card for another ,  unless it were no af,  but insteas focus on being able to get a better card from another lender. Credit One should be a stepping stone not a foundationSmiley Wink.  

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly, if i were in your  position i wouldn't be trying to pc my Credit One card for another ,  unless it were no af,  but insteas focus on being able to get a better card from another lender. Credit One should be a stepping stone not a foundationSmiley Wink.  

Lol! Yeah, I've noticed a lot of people don't like them. I burned all the big banks in a ch 7 just over a year ago. I've recently tried to get back in with discover secured, capital one secured, synchrony (various store cards), and sdfcu secured card. All a resounding no, no, no. My fako is up to 694 now. I have a store card that somehow survived the bk (had no balance when filing) and a fresh-ish car loan, everything paid on time/in full since discharge. I have a reflex card with a higher AF (than credit one) that I'm going to axe soon, before it hits

Message 7 of 10
Msjonesclt
Valued Member

I started out with credit one. After a year, they offered me the other card. I thought it was an upgrade, but it wasnt. They were just offering a second card. I chose not to go that route, but some have. When I called they did mention that they don't offer upgrades. But again, that was over a year ago.

Message 8 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I'm not familiar with Credit One's PC policies (if they even do that), but I would think they wouldn't PC from one payment network to another. And I do know that when you have "offers" in your account, it's always for ANOTHER card, not a PC.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They don't, I've asked. I saw the same AMEX card and like **bleep** i just got this other one with a lower limit ($600) lol.

They recommend closing the account and reapplying 7 days later.

EDIT: But depending on age it may be best to just keep it. It depends on your situation.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.