Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One

tag
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Credit One

I applied for a credit one credit card and I got declined because of my credit score was not high enough.  Do anyone have a credit card with this company?  If so what was your credit score when you got approved?  I'm only asking because I thought this was a rebuilder card.
Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One

They are definately a rebuilder. I was approved with a 609 but keep in mind there are other factors than just the score. If you dont mind sharing we may can help you more what is your score and what baddies do you have on your credit. If you can provide this information we may be able to help you more.

Message 2 of 9
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for replying.  My credit score is TU 595 Eq 599 and Experian 570.  I don't have any collections or public records on my report but I do have 5 charge-off accounts.  I paid 3 of them and the other 2 I plan on paying them within the next 2 months because Equifax is counting the balance into my util.  My credit is bad.  The main reason my credit is bad now is because I don't have enough open lines of credit.  I only have 1 credit card.  So I am trying to get another one but its hard for me to get approve with my credit history.

January 2022
Message 3 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Sometimes you have to do a lot of credit clean-up before you can get seriously started on credit rebuilding.

What's on your reports that you might be able to work on? (high util, lates than can be GW'd, etc.)

In general, you want to get your credit profile (= credit reports) in the best possible shape before app'ing, even if you're going for rebuilders.

edit: sorry, you replied before my post hit.

Have you read about PFD's and GW?
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 12-01-2009 07:18 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@kiea wrote:
Thank you for replying.  My credit score is TU 595 Eq 599 and Experian 570.  I don't have any collections or public records on my report but I do have 5 charge-off accounts.  I paid 3 of them and the other 2 I plan on paying them within the next 2 months because Equifax is counting the balance into my util.  My credit is bad.  The main reason my credit is bad now is because I don't have enough open lines of credit.  I only have 1 credit card.  So I am trying to get another one but its hard for me to get approve with my credit history.

Unfortunately, paying a CO does not remove it from credit scoring. Those CO's are really hurting you. You need to get those removed from your reports. I would wait until you get those negatives taken care of before applying for any new cards. Otherwise you are just going in circles.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this card about 3 years ago so their standards might have been a bit lower, but I had a score of about 530 (ew, right?) and several baddies.  Have you tried to call the recon dept yet?  I know you mentioned they declined due to your score not being high enough, but maybe there is still a chance! 

Message 6 of 9
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Thank you Mizu.  I took your advice and I give them a call.  I asked the representative what was the reason I got denied.  He told me that the address I used on the application do not match the address on my credit report.  I think that's a stupid reason to denied someone but he told he to fix my address with the credit agencies and reapply.  So I guess it worth a try.

January 2022
Message 7 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@kiea wrote:
Thank you Mizu.  I took your advice and I give them a call.  I asked the representative what was the reason I got denied.  He told me that the address I used on the application do not match the address on my credit report.  I think that's a stupid reason to denied someone but he told he to fix my address with the credit agencies and reapply.  So I guess it worth a try.

IS your address wrong on your reports??   If so, you definately want to fix that.  Actually, that's a perfectly good reason to deny the app.  They are making sure that you are who you say you are. 

Otherwise, someone could try and get a card in your name...sent to THEIR address!  Then you're in for a world of hurtin'!  That's a road you don't even want to go down. 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kiea wrote:

Actually, that just happened to me last month with Discover.  I moved in July so the CCC told me that if it's been less than 6 months, they need to verify it for sure just to make sure no one is trying to pull a fast one on me.  All they had me do to verify my current address was fax/mail in a utility bill with my current address or a bank statement.  I sent them both and got the card 4 days later.  If I were you, I'd call back again and see if they'll let you do that because they probably don't want to lose out on not having you as a customer!  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.