Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One

Is credit one a decent card? Looks like an annual fee of 69.99 and a account setup fee of 69.99.

Right now I have

First Premer 250.00
HSBC 300.00
Cap One 1000.00
Cap One 600.00

Do you think I need to pay the fees for a credit one card?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
kclb
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit One

I never heard of credit one before. You want more credit cards? I had a lot too but I chopped them all. hahahha.

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

kclb what did you do to improve your scores so much
Message 3 of 7
kclb
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
kclb what did you do to improve your scores so much

Hm. I saved up around $5k to pay off my high interest Credit cards. Personally, I didn't expect a "drastic" change on my FICO. I think it also has to do with my history since I've had established credit since 1998. And I've been pretty responsible with my payments. Right now, I am trying to get myself back in shape. Smiley Happy

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Message 4 of 7
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is credit one a decent card? Looks like an annual fee of 69.99 and a account setup fee of 69.99.
Right now I have
First Premer 250.00
HSBC 300.00
Cap One 1000.00
Cap One 600.00
Do you think I need to pay the fees for a credit one card?

What are your scores? I wouldn't recommend paying their fees unless you really need a new card.

Credit One is a starter card, but since you already have 4 cards I don't know that you need another one.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally, if it were me, I wouldn't get any more AF cards.  You already have 2 of them (I am assuming the HSBC is an Orchard AF card).

When you let those age a little you will find that you'll be able to get better and better cards and then your question will be.  "Should I keep them or kick them to the curb?"  Why add more that you'll want to kick off later when these will do what you need done?

You would probably be better off taking the amount of that annual fee and putting it on the balance of one of your other cards.  It'll probably do you more good there.

Just my humble opinion.

Van

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

great suggestion van
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.