Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One

tag
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit One

@lithium78 wrote:

Get rid of the Credit One card as fast as possible.  They are a bottom-of-the-barrel card and they rip you off with their ridiculous fees.  They are a waste of money.

lithium...they aren't as bad as FP...lmao...i don't think anyone (actually mabe matrix) takes the cake on that one...anyhow, yes, i agree...close your creditone Smiley Happy ask for cli (if you can from capone EO). gl! Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 11 of 17
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

My #1 credit card goal is to pay off and close my Credit One.  I have my highest limit with them ($950) of any account, but the fees are just crazy.

Yeah, +1 for "Close It"

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 17
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

If I add money to my bofa do I gotta wait 9 months again? It's gonna be 2 HP 1 to add funds And 1 to unsecured it
Message 13 of 17
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:
If I add money to my bofa do I gotta wait 9 months again? It's gonna be 2 HP 1 to add funds And 1 to unsecured it

how long have you had your bofa?

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 14 of 17
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

Since Feb 2012 problem was I missed 1 payment 2 months ago and gotta but only past due for 1 day I forgot to pay it
Message 15 of 17
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

i would go ahead and raise your limit higher if you're able to deposit more...now i'm not sure it the "timer" will reset again, but since you are well above the one year mark from opening, they could still graduate it soon...although that miss payment won't look favorable...have you tried contacting bofa to see if they can forgive you for that one miss payment?

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 16 of 17
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:
Hello I ha a credit one account for 7 months and I don't wanna pay fee's any more so would it be mad to close it out and I will had money to my bofa secured card I know it's a hp but I think it's worth from $300 to $1,500 limt will show better so by adding money to my bofa and closing credit one will it Effect My AAOA

How much  is on the credit one card? If you're just closing it down and moving the same amount of money to the other card it won't even effect UTL or AAoA

I'm late to the "reply" party.

The reason I said it would affect utilization was based on the info from the leading OP paragraph, as two cards were mentioned (makes it easier on you, OP, since you have other TLs mentioned later in thread). If the rapist card was closed, prior to the HP/CLI deposit, there might have been a chance that the closure would report first (as a TL closure is typically associated with a bad occurance, and CRAs just love to make sure that hits very fast), while the HP, and balance to be transferred would've falled on the other $300 card, until the new limit reports...up to two billing statements later...get my drift?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.