Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Profile needed for Citi???

tag
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Credit Profile needed for Citi???

What does Citi like to see as far as a credit profile. I'm interested in the TYP, Diamond or Dividend.  Any experience with requirements or min/max tolerances for the following :

Score?

AAoA?

Inquiries?

Bads/lates?

Anything else not listed that may apply?

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Profile needed for Citi???

As far as I know and I have read

Score- 700+

AAOA- Not sure

Inquiries- 3-4 (they are pretty inquiry sensitive.) and have pretty narrow parameters for approval.

Bad/lates- Don't like them. At. All. Avoid apping with Bad/lates unless they are really old.

They are pretty tough cookie to crack and their CS is average. They like to see small balances like all companies and refuse to budge on that. Out of those cards mentioned, the Dividend is easiest to get, Diamond is probably the most difficult of the three. They also allow 2 applications per 60 days. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 2 of 38
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Probably will wait then due to the following which applies...1 paid/satisfied judgment from 2 years ago which was paid 3/13 and 5 inquiries in the last 6 months with 4 in the last month.  Unless there's some hope.  My highest CL is $6k.  I heard they were generous with CL's and I'd really like to break the $10k barrier.

Message 3 of 38
HiLine
Blogger

When I got my first 2 Citi cards, I had more than 5 inquiries on each of the credit reports they pulled, and an AAoA of about 6 months. Score was around 700.

My income definitely supported the credit limits they extended to me, each of which exceeded twice the highest limit I had at the time of application. They seem generous with credit limits.

Message 4 of 38
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

When I got my first 2 Citi cards, I had more than 5 inquiries on each of the credit reports they pulled, and an AAoA of about 6 months. Score was around 700.

My income definitely supported the credit limits they extended to me, each of which exceeded twice the highest limit I had at the time of application. They seem generous with credit limits.

Income is $90k but limited history due to rebuilding.  Current FICO scores: EX 715, EQ 671, TU98 671, WMTU 701.  All were above 700 before app spree.

Message 5 of 38
HiLine
Blogger

The only thing negative about your profile is the paid judgement then. Since it will be around for a while, I would suggest you apply for the card you really want then if denied try recon and explain the judgement. In the grand scheme of things, an additional inquiry is going to have very minimal impact. Getting in with Citi with a high credit limit, on the other hand, will be tremendously helpful for your rebuilding process. After this application, you probably want to spend some time in the Garden. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 38
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

The only thing negative about your profile is the paid judgement then. Since it will be around for a while, I would suggest you apply for the card you really want then if denied try recon and explain the judgement. In the grand scheme of things, an additional inquiry is going to have very minimal impact. Getting in with Citi with a high credit limit, on the other hand, will be tremendously helpful for your rebuilding process. After this application, you probably want to spend some time in the Garden. Smiley Wink

Given my profile what are the odds?  I know my Chase Sapphire is now reporting but I'm not sure my AMEX PRG or Freedom have showed yet.

Message 7 of 38
HiLine
Blogger

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

Given my profile what are the odds?  I know my Chase Sapphire is now reporting but I'm not sure my AMEX PRG or Freedom have showed yet.

Your best bet is right now, when the new accounts have not yet shown up. I honestly don't know how Citi would treat a judgement, but if you are going to try Citi at some point in a year, now is the ideal time to pull the trigger IMO.

Message 8 of 38
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Oh...FYI if it makes any difference I tried their prequalify site and it stated "no offers at this time" only received "suggestions".  I always got the same message from Chase for their prequalify but when I app'd for the Freedom and CSP both were instant approval Visa sig's.

Message 9 of 38
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I was kinda wondering about this too, since I app'd on Sunday and have not gotten any response other than the 7-10 message.  I have a fair number of inquiries, low balances, some good limits, AAoA is 2.5, a negative from 3 years ago: student loan, and while I don't really need the account I do want in the door.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.