Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Pulls!!!

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Credit Pulls!!!

MyFICO should really build their own, updated, database. I can help organize the data if needed.

Message 31 of 43
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

There really should be a sticky on myFICO for credit pulls!!! If they don't want us to link to other websites such as creditboards, then please have a thread here for it. Smiley Wink

+1

I think they should have a database here instead of a thread with 5000 posts for you to sift through.  At some point this thread will become unmanageable as many other threads that have a gazillion posts about one specific creditor.  How can you measure the probability of how you closely you relate to another person, or your chances of approval based on someone else with the same criteria, if you have sift through hundreds of threads?

It would be nice to have this info here without having to refer to another board that offers it.  Although even that unmentioned database could use a little face lift Smiley Very Happy

I agree, a credit pulls database would be really helpful for everyone here in the myFICO community! Mods please help make this happen.

Message 32 of 43
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@kevinjjc wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

There really should be a sticky on myFICO for credit pulls!!! If they don't want us to link to other websites such as creditboards, then please have a thread here for it. Smiley Wink

+1

I think they should have a database here instead of a thread with 5000 posts for you to sift through.  At some point this thread will become unmanageable as many other threads that have a gazillion posts about one specific creditor.  How can you measure the probability of how you closely you relate to another person, or your chances of approval based on someone else with the same criteria, if you have sift through hundreds of threads?

It would be nice to have this info here without having to refer to another board that offers it.  Although even that unmentioned database could use a little face lift Smiley Very Happy

I agree, a credit pulls database would be really helpful for everyone here in the myFICO community! Mods please help make this happen.

I too felt the same and announced that I was going to create a CC DB for everyone to share and update. I even went as far to figure out how to program it and came very close to purchasing a site for that. I announced it on here and someone stepped in and said they already took the steps to develop one and they had much more experience than I when it came to creating a searchable DB. I said have at it. They created a URL but then they disappeared, as did the site. I never looked into it again after that.. Smiley Sad

Message 33 of 43
HiLine
Blogger

llecs, do you think myFICO will sponsor a project like that? It will help increase traffic to the site and attract attention to their services anyway. Then you won't have to pay for anything out of your pocket. 

Message 34 of 43
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@HiLine wrote:

llecs, do you think myFICO will sponsor a project like that? It will help increase traffic to the site and attract attention to their services anyway. Then you won't have to pay for anything out of your pocket. 

I did check on that back then and the answer was no. The best solution was to create an offsite URL and direct folks to it. I looked into the costs and it wasn't so bad though and figured I could set up a paypal donation thingy to fund it to 100% and yank it when funded. I certainly didn't want any ads.

Message 35 of 43
HiLine
Blogger

@llecs wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

I did check on that back then and the answer was no. The best solution was to create an offsite URL and direct folks to it. I looked into the costs and it wasn't so bad though and figured I could set up a paypal donation thingy to fund it to 100% and yank it when funded. I certainly didn't want any ads.

Sounds like an exciting project. Please let me and others know if we can contribute in any way, financial or non-financial.

And maybe ask FICO again in case they've changed their mind?

Message 36 of 43
texamel
Valued Member

I live in Southern California.  I was recently talking with Discover about a credit line increase.  Not only did they NOT tell me they were running a creditreport (they used a hard pull) they also used Trans Union. 

Message 37 of 43
HiLine
Blogger

@texamel wrote:

I live in Southern California.  I was recently talking with Discover about a credit line increase.  Not only did they NOT tell me they were running a creditreport (they used a hard pull) they also used Trans Union. 

As a rule of thumb, credit limit increase requests result in hard pulls.

Message 38 of 43
awdsmama
Established Contributor

If we can't have our own pulls site,  wish more people would update the two more known credit pulls sites.  And ONLY enter the FICO for what the creditor actually pulled or make a notation of which it was.

I go on one of the sites and people enter scores in all 3 columns, but then don't mention which one actually got pulled...which is what I know *I* go to the site for ;-) 

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 39 of 43
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Discover IT in Louisiana pulled EQ
Amex BCP pulled EX

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.