Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Reporting Question

tag
turninganewleaf
Regular Contributor

Credit Reporting Question

I know I'm making this more difficult than it really is, but I'm trying to figure out when my credit card reporting period is so I know when I can make my ONE purchase a month to have it report as being used but also staying within the 9% util range each month.

The only information I can get from my CC statements is the following: (past 3 mos history)

Billing Dates:  7/12, 8/13, 9/12
Due Date:  8/6, 9/7, 10/7

My best guess is my statement period is approximately the 12th of the month to the 12th of the next month.  So, does that mean that I can make my one purchase at anytime during the 12th - 12th?  My last purchase of $34.12 on 8/23 is already reporting on my current statement and is due 10/7 (which I will PIF).  So, knowing that, when should I make another purchase in order for it to report a new purchase for the next statement. 

Also, should I just monitor my TC reports to see when a payment reflects to get my CB report date?

FICO 8/5/10; TU 724, EQ 702
FICO 6/9/09: TU 669, EQ 658, EX ???
FICO 7/20/07: TU 540; EQ 595, EX 544
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Reporting Question

Try to call your CC and ask them when do they report to the credit bureau......simple, and the best way to know exactly.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easier solution:  Call each creditor and ask them which day they report to the CRAs.  It may be the 10th of the month, or it may be 5 days after the closing date, etc.  You might have to call each one a few times to talk to different CSRs because they probably won't know what you're talking about.
Message 3 of 6
jbmello
Established Member

Its about 7 to 10 days after your payment due date that it finally reports. If you go online to your credit cards it will give you a due date and also a closing date. For example this month my bofa cc card payment was due by the 5th. the closing date was 12th. it reported to the 3 cra's on the 15th. But it reported the balence as of the closing statement on the 12th. call the ccc to ask them there exact dates.

Message Edited by jbmello on 09-19-2007 03:21 PM
Message 4 of 6
Dominicancard

Well for my experience must of the credit cards reports the last day or first day of each month (I've called my 3 credit cards, Household-orchar= last day of each mont, first premier= first day of each month, BOA= first day of each month) but it dosen't mean that it will be in your report right away, the reporting agencies will start updating you reports the 10 or 15 of each month, at least that's what happends in my case. I have the fico alerts and each month after the 10 I always received the e-mails with the alerts, this month the 10, 15, 16 and yesterday, first 3 alerts the balance change on my credit cards and yesterday new credit card added, that I have since last month.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good advice. call all the cc companies and ask them what day of the month they report your acct. activity to CRA's. btw, dont bother calling Applied Card Bank(formerly Crossroads Bank). The csr had no idea when I called yesterday. (wish I didnt have that card, but wont' close it...just yet)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.