cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score recently generated, what should I apply for next?

tag
MediumTedium

Re: Credit Score recently generated, what should I apply for next?

I agree with @allzero, you don't want to get to 5/24 when first starting out when you don't realize what options you'll have as your credit ages. 

Message 11 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi OP and welcome to My FICO

All great advice given here, and I want to second K-in-Boston’s advice, especially:

“I encourage you to decide long-term what card(s) fits you best. Do you want travel rewards or cash back? What does your monthly spending look like? No need to get what you can be approved for, get what makes the most financial sense to you in the long term.”

No words truer spoken.

You’re new to credit so there’s no need whatsoever to rush out and get a card. Take your time. Do your research to discover what different cards have to offer. Be patient so your wallet has the cards that are useful to you and one’s you enjoy having.

And read, read, read the posts on this forum. It offers a mountain of valuable information. You’ve come to the right place to start your journey.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice everyone. Especially @CreditInspired and @Kdot, I'm just going to wait a few more months and let my score get higher and my credit file gain more age before I plan to acquire a new card. You guys probably saved me from a hard pull haha.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.