cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Solutions/CSR Etiquette?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Solutions/CSR Etiquette?

is it not possible to easily get a 20k cli on the paypal 2%, just like the lowes card? i haven't seen it done before, but if they're the same bank and uw, why not?

Message 11 of 13

@gorgon wrote:

When I called Credit Solutions back in the day for a Lowe's card that had a $5,000 limit, here is how the conversation went:

CS: "How can I help you?"

Me: "I would like to request a credit line increase on my Lowe's card, please."

CS: "How much are you requesting?"

Me: "$20,000 more?

CS: "That has been approved. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Seriously. It was that easy.

My two calls were nearly that quick... the only difference was both times they had to put me on hold for a couple of minutes to pull my credit (soft-pull both times) and for my Sam's Club MC they needed to send a text message with a code to my phone. 

The dialogue was minimal both times, though.

Message 12 of 13

@creds wrote:

is it not possible to easily get a 20k cli on the paypal 2%, just like the lowes card? i haven't seen it done before, but if they're the same bank and uw, why not?

Many people have reported that the Paypal Cash Back MC can be more difficult to get CLIs once you're at $10k, but that's likely profile-specific.

If you have the Paypal Cash Back MC just call them up and give it a try... that's really the only way to know for sure.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.