Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Union credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Union credit cards

I don't have a weak file. TU shows no derogs and nothing but perfect pmt history. Util is 12% and aaoa is 4 yrs.
Message 51 of 58
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

I didn't mean to offend by calling it a weak file.   I was only trying to give a "possible" reason for the denial is all.Smiley Happy

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 52 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FroggieMom wrote:

I didn't mean to offend by calling it a weak file.   I was only trying to give a "possible" reason for the denial is all.Smiley Happy

It's all good, no offense taken 😁 They gave me the reasons for denial. Util is too high compared to income. That's not the case now and I wanted to show that. They may still deny me but at least I know it's a true denial and not based on old information. 

Message 53 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Froggie what was your FICO 08 TU score when you got the $15K CC with RBFCU and did you ever have car or mortgage loans or business relationships with them?
Message 54 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried PenFed?  I joined with them last week and have been given a Promise Visa ($6500 at 10.24%) and a Travel Rewards Amex ($5500 at 10.24%).  They pulled EQ and I already had 12 inquiries.  Definitely worth a shot!

Message 55 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you tried PenFed?  I joined with them last week and have been given a Promise Visa ($6500 at 10.24%) and a Travel Rewards Amex ($5500 at 10.24%).  They pulled EQ and I already had 12 inquiries.  Definitely worth a shot!

Haven't tried PenFed. Don't you have to be a member?  Anyway, my Eq is 604, doubt they'd give me anything and if they do, it'd be a tiny SL. 

Message 56 of 58
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

I agree Texas mommy..
Message 57 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Haven't tried PenFed. Don't you have to be a member?  Anyway, my Eq is 604, doubt they'd give me anything and if they do, it'd be a tiny SL. 

Yes, you do have to be a member, but it's a simple one time donation to one of the charities of their choice along with $5 to open a savings account to officially become a member of the CU.  I agree with you regarding the tiny SL with a lower EQ score.  Mine was around 740 when I apped.

Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.