Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Union that pulls TU????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Union that pulls TU????

Hey all, is there a good CU that pulls TU?

I read some posts and one said UFCU pulled TU, but they pull EX (soft).

Anyone know a TU that pulls TU?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Union that pulls TU????

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all, is there a good CU that pulls TU?

I read some posts and one said UFCU pulled TU, but they pull EX (soft).

Anyone know a TU that pulls TU?

I believe UFCU pulls EQ.

The only exclusive TU puller I know is Barclays.  I haven't heard or read of any CUs using TU

Message 2 of 7
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Community america in the midwest only pull transunion. I hate that because thats my lowest score 651 and my equifax is 690. But you only have to have a 580 to open checking acct there. Im pretty sure thats what thecsr said.
Message 3 of 7
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Affinity FCU pulled TU. They do not hard for membership. Usually pull EXP, but mine is on ice and LO agreed to pull TU.

Biggest CUn NJ, a lot of services,nice CS. They do not have outstanding products, but I woud prefer them over any bank or Alliant.

Offer Visa/MC, best prived APR is 8.6%, business 8.25% etc.

I would recommend joining Affinity. They have kind of promo now

https://www.affinityfcu.org/join/?h=BN&sh=BN3

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Most CU's that pull TU are in the upper Midwest. Certainly, there are exceptions.

The majority of CU's nationwide pull EQ. It's a CU thang, for lack of a more technical explanation. Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Navy FCU might pull TU , if EQ is on ice.

Some reported that Peoples Trust https://www.peoplestrustfcu.org/index2.php pulls TU.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've asked the loan app.rep at every CU I was interested in applying with who they pulled.  Without exception, they told me which CRA they used (unlike major banks who will normally not divulge, or don't inform the CSR) .  If you're concerned, call and ask directly.

From my numerous calls, a little info.  The majority of all California CUs, if not all, use EXP.  Every CU on the East Coast that I spoke with uses EQ.  Alliant and UFCU use EQ.

I've yet to find a CU which pulls TU, although wmarat is probably correct that they may pull TU if EQ or EXP is on ice.  Again, I'd call and ask prior to app'ing.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.