Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Unions that pull Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Unions that pull Experian

I would like to join 2-3 Credit Unions that only pull Experian for membership and credit card with the same inquiry.

So far I am planning to join Lockheed...I have considered Partners but after reading the horrible stories with people getting axed by them they are out.

I have looked into Affinity FCU but I don't know if I can join one of the organizations since I live in TN.

I considered State Dept FCU but after speaking to them I decided not to bother with them.

So please help me find a few more awesome Credit Unions that pull Experian and won't have an issue with me being out of state (TN)

Thank you in advance for your advice. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Unions that pull Experian

My credit union is Baxter's, located here in IL.  They pulled EX when I got my CLI but I'm not sure what's their policy for out of state applicants.  You can check out the website and see if it gives you any positive information.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Patelco (as in Pacific Tel and Tel) used to be an Experian-puller. Don't know if they still do.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
professorr
Regular Contributor

Hey OP,  what was wrong with State Dept?  I was thinking of applying for them tomorrow!

Everyone seems to like them and their high Cl's

Message 4 of 6
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

I'll be looking into CU's that pull Experian as well. I'm in Illinois so I can look up Baxter.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined Affinity fcu last month. They were very easy to deal with and I was able to get a visa reward card no problem. I was able to join because I was a Rutgers alumni, but anyone can join by donating like 10 bucks to one of the charities.  Call and speak with them if you like, their customer service is great.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.