Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Unions with 2% cash back cards

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Credit Unions with 2% cash back cards

@Anonymous wrote:

If we are including banks, Key has their cash back card. It’s 1.5% normally but if you have an average daily balance of $1K each in checking and savings, it’s 2%. 

Honestly there are so many hoops with most of the 2% cards that I would pretty much rather just cut my spending by .5% rather than deal with the hassles. It’s only like $50 a year if I actually threw all of my spend on that card (which I don’t) which I can make up with a single sign up bonus and thensome. 

Just to reiterate my view on this:  very much a matter of personal preference.   I have PPMC, FIdelity VIsa and Citi DC, and have regularly used all at various times.   Very few hoops (in what matters for me) on any of them, and now I am pretty happy with PPMC (although I get it lacks features for some!)   Reward maximization is so much my goal that it would take a lot to switch to a lower earning card for some convenience.    But clearly, YMMV!

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nusenda Credit Union is open and they have a rotating 5% CB card!

Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If we are including banks, Key has their cash back card. It’s 1.5% normally but if you have an average daily balance of $1K each in checking and savings, it’s 2%. 

Honestly there are so many hoops with most of the 2% cards that I would pretty much rather just cut my spending by .5% rather than deal with the hassles. It’s only like $50 a year if I actually threw all of my spend on that card (which I don’t) which I can make up with a single sign up bonus and thensome. 

Just to reiterate my view on this:  very much a matter of personal preference.   I have PPMC, FIdelity VIsa and Citi DC, and have regularly used all at various times.   Very few hoops (in what matters for me) on any of them, and now I am pretty happy with PPMC (although I get it lacks features for some!)   Reward maximization is so much my goal that it would take a lot to switch to a lower earning card for some convenience.    But clearly, YMMV!

I can get over the lack of transaction notifications for the PayPal or a dedicated app but not the way that Synchrony handles disputes and fraud. My time is worth more than .5% cash back on a tiny bit of my spending. I have spent $938 on the PayPal card since I got in January. That’s an extra $4.92 in cash back over my QS but if I have a problem with my QS, it’s a 10 minute phone call and there’s a new card in the mail and a dispute filed with me having to do no further work. 

Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nusenda is a huge hassle to join. Ask @Anonymous about the hoops he had to go through!

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Errr- Nusenda might be state specific w/o a donation.  They do have some great rates though and a quick call could confirm open enrollment, unless someone out of the state/area can confirm mrmbership.  Sorry about previous post w/o triple-checking.

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nusenda is a huge hassle to join. Ask @Anonymous about the hoops he had to go through!

That's a bummer if it was a hassle.  They are actually pretty awesome with deposits and super fast transfers.  My only complaint is whenever I pay my CC it takes forever and their website/app is lacking. 

Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's a bummer if it was a hassle.  They are actually pretty awesome with deposits and super fast transfers.  My only complaint is whenever I pay my CC it takes forever and their website/app is lacking. 

Yeah they will let members in from out of NM if they join the LaMontañita co-op but that in itself is a long process. I was interested until Birdman7 told me the whole saga. 

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah they will let members in from out of NM if they join the LaMontañita co-op but that in itself is a long process. I was interested until Birdman7 told me the whole saga. 

Yikes!  My son is a member and how I got my membership.

Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yikes!  My son is a member and how I got my membership.

My understanding is that they used to be a lot more open until their card got posted online and they got inundated with interest. This was before they changed their name from NMEFCU. 

Message 19 of 34
Green456
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No we are definitely not including banks.

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.