tag
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit card Debt assistance

@YoungJay18 wrote:

Capital one 861

Paypal Bill me Later 510 Apt 19.99%

my own parents $600 - this can wait till when ever

Okay... Cap 1 is top priority since you are over the limit.  Throw every extra dime you have at that until you get it paid off, not just under limit.. include your tax refund if necessary..everything to knock this one out.. Do not use it for any more purchases until all 3 debts are gone..
Continue to make AT LEAST the minimum payment on the bill me later.  Once the cap 1 is gone, move ALL the money you were paying to cap 1 and put it all on the paypal til its gone.  THEN take all that money, and pay your parents.  When that is completed, take the money you're not paying to the credit cards, stock up some savings and take your parents out to dinner to thank them for being patient.  But as someone else said, do NOT stop making at least the minimum payment to the downline creditors.  (and yes, this is the paraphrased snowball method of dave ramsey, but it does work).

Once this is done, you can look at your credit as a tool and we can look at rebuilding.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 21 of 25
YoungJay18
Contributor

alright thanks alot to every one 

Message 22 of 25
codimom
Frequent Contributor

you can do this...

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 23 of 25
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Paper route can be a good option.  It can be done in the morning and doesn't interfere with the rest of your day unless you already work an early shift. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 25
YoungJay18
Contributor

my hours generally change but ive been gettin a whole lot more this week so i should be brining in some money and like every one has stated ill invest everything into capital one

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.