Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card Strategy

tag
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

Re: Credit card Strategy

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation. I am thinking of closing the Amex Gold and using BOA cash rewards for groceries. I will have all the categories covered except for occasional travel and hotel stays.

if you know of a card with no AF with travel and hotel benefits, please let me know. 

Wells Fargo AMEX Propel comes to mind; no AF, it's effectively a 3% cashback travel card, also includes dining.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/reviews/credit-cards/wells-fargo-propel

Hilton, Marriott, Wyndham, United, American all have various flavors of no AF cards but IMO you should stick with cash back if that is really how you want to roll.

Also, there are gift cards you can cash out AMEX MRs for at about a penny a point. Note that some are less than a penny a point (and AMEX gift cards are at half a penny a point).

| Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 18k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi Custom Cash 11.9k | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Freedom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.