Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card and Credit Card Company of the Year

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Credit card and Credit Card Company of the Year

Since we are coming to an end of another year what is your card and company of the year?

My vote

Amex Gold and Co-branded card Amex Aspire

Company of the year, Amex because of above and they are taking themselves to the next level with opening more Centurion Lounges, CLT is a big one for me.  If they could only get AA as a transfer partner it would be game, set and match.

They have had an extraordinary comeback when everyone left them for dead by losing Costco, Jet Blue and Chase adding CSR.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70
_NERD
Established Contributor

Re: Credit card and Credit Card Company of the Year

Amex BCE because it’s my best card for groceries lol.

Amex because I can get new cards and CLIs without a HP Smiley Wink

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 2 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal - cashRewards - that Member Mall can really rack up cash back and the card will grow exponentially as the relationship builds. 

Message 3 of 71
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Man, tuff call. For me between Navy Federal and Amex. Neither card i have or got are earth shattering but they , as a whole have really made me feel my credit stood for something.

Finally got an Amex loan, got probably my favorite looking card ,the Cash Magnet, up to 5k with some credit relocating, and got the 1st part of sub very fast. Just a great experience overall.

Navy has been awesome too. Allowing me to combine my cards to create my master limit, giving me the lowest apr on my cash rewards, and even after all was said and done , let me get back my baby plat , They truely rock.

Final vote,

CC of the year for me :

Amex Cash Magnet

CC Company:

Navy Federal Credit UnionSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 71
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Ha!  As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew before I started reading that nearly all the answers would be Amex and Navy Federal.  And this would have been true last year as well, and will probably be true next year.  myFICO members love those two financial institutions.  (My own theory is that the love is based on ease of credit approval, not on the merits of the cards themselves, especially in the case of Navy.)

The only competition to Amex and Navy in recent years has been Chase in 2016 when they introduced the Sapphire Reserve card and Citi in 2014 when they introduced the 2% Double Cash card.  

If USAA had gone national with their 2.5% Limitless card instead of closing it to new applications after a partial rollout, they might have provided some competition to Amex and Navy in 2018.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 5 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

I nominate Blispay for the credit card Scrooge award.  That's The naughty side.  For the nice side, i too would have to vote for Amex and the new Gold card.  Huge iimprovements for that card and I thought nothing would replace my CSR for most usage.  It has

Message 6 of 71
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Um, need I even vote? Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 71
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

One doesnt have to actually get the most rewards for a lender to be best in ones eyes. In the case of Navy, it goes way beyond ease of approvals or easy limits. My limits have not been easy to obtain. Its how the lender works for my needs and Navy has been outstanding. People think because Amex seems to be easy that they are but again we see how some people struggle to get 3x and i myself havent had too much success there but my overall experience just puts them above my other lenders. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 71
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
One doesnt have to actually get the most rewards for a lender to be best in ones eyes. In the case of Navy, it goes way beyond ease of approvals or easy limits. My limits have not been easy to obtain. Its how the lender works for my needs and Navy has been outstanding. People think because Amex seems to be easy that they are but again we see how some people struggle to get 3x and i myself havent had too much success there but my overall experience just puts them above my other lenders. Smiley Happy

But you have a Boy Blue and I don't! Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal for sure. And I’ll just go with the platinum since my APR is 7.99 and my limit is crazy. And this balance transfer for a year at 0 percent makes me warm and fuzzy inside. But that APR can do no wrong in my eyes if I carry a balance.
Message 10 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.