Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card and Credit Card Company of the Year

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card and Credit Card Company of the Year

Perhaps I'm on a lonely island....WF Propel. Ive thought of it like a CSP for the infrequent traveler (ie, don't need the travel partners). Not an Amex..... But runs on their network. Lol
Message 11 of 71
imaximous
Valued Contributor

This year, I'm going with USB Altitude Reserve. 4.5x on almost every purchase when redeemed for travel with no caps has been great. Particularly for not having to deal with the usual annoying availability. Just bought what I needed and got credited.

Overall bank continues to be Chase. Having CSR, CFU, 2 CF and Ink is hard to beat. I've done a lot of math for point currencies and this is what works best for us by a long shot. 

Message 12 of 71
NRB525
Super Contributor

AMEX clearly wins in the banking area.

Revamped Gold.

AMEX got the better part of the Marriott / SPG card set.

Took over Hilton and updated the three cards to match and exceed the appeal of the prior two-bank, four-card setup.

Expands Delta with a No-AF version.

Created a new method of lending with Plan It. An innovative way to carry a balance without touching all the subsequent swipes with interest cost. Thus it does not shut down the user from using the card for further rewards earning.

As a card, however, I have to say my US Bank Altitude Reserve is the first one I consider using. ApplePay not available everywhere, but it is a lot of places. Adding Real Time Rewards, and refining that so you can use your last points on a redemption makes the points even more useful.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 13 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote: 

Company of the year, Amex because of above and they are taking themselves to the next level with opening more Centurion Lounges, CLT is a big one for me.  If they could only get AA as a transfer partner it would be game, set and match.

CLT Centurion Lounge!?!?! I can't believe this is the first I'm hearing of this! I have Delta status from DGF and am an AU on a Plat... this really softens the blow of Delta's limited service at CLT for me. I don't fly much, but still a really nice perk at my home airport!

Message 14 of 71
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

Amex for me. I got 3 of their cards this year and they have been the greatest I have had. They are also the only ones to give me a cli. This year Citi unsecured and I can't even get another $100 cli so that I can pc to another card. I have bumped heads a bit with NFCU for a banking issue but they flat out refuse to give a credit card or any other type of credit that some folks here seem to enjoy. 

As for which card? I choose my Amex Platinum. I have been able to use all of the credits this year and having access to Sky Club and Centurion lounge was nice. I wish the Uber credit was more or if you can use the travel credit for Uber that would be awesome. Also got a nice Tumi wallet from Saks with the credit for $10 and change shipped.

Message 15 of 71
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Concur new gard card and Centurion lounges going to many more airports.  Just heard they are opening one at Skyharbor in Phoenix where the rest of my family lives (was up for vote last night and Priority PAss was having a fit over it).   I will have to revisit it if they open one their and BNA (nashville) you think Nashville would have one due to the sheer amount of tourist it is the Vegas of the south.  fingers crossed w/regards to that.

Amex Gold/Plat has stepped up its game among their other cards; while Chase is getting tighter by the day.

Message 16 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to say Amex too. I picked up the Gokd Card and have to say that can earn points fast, the grocery store side opens the door to anyplace that takes gift cards.

I still think the Chase Quadfecta is the best this g out there.
Message 17 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex
Cash Magnet Card
Message 18 of 71
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

20181027_231235-1024x576.jpg

Pick a card. Any card! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's an easy one. Amex all the way, they increased my limit to 31k (current highest), reduced my apr to 9%, and after two years have yet to charge the annual fee. All of this they did on their own with no request from me. Thank you, Amex!
Message 20 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.