Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card for traveling with work

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Credit card for traveling with work

If you're really interested in getting an Amex, I would suggest applying for the Gold Skymiles, considered the easiest Amex to get. Then after a few months, Amex will have good reasons to approve your application for the Gold card.

Message 21 of 32
Viperlx
New Contributor

Not sure if I want to risk the hit and for a denied card. Might look into a common high CL card for a low card score

Message 22 of 32
HiLine
Blogger

Message 23 of 32
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Amex PRG. Very good travel rewards for booking through amex. More lenient underwriting criteria since its a charge card. Internal limits can go sky high on charge cards. Discover card. 5% cash back though shopsiscover for hotels.com and expedia.

Chase sapphire preferred is for excellent credit. Not sure if you could do this one.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 24 of 32
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Ok so what about the barclays travelocity card or a usaa card: are you a full member with usaa? Are you eligible for nfcu?
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 25 of 32
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Viperlx wrote:

I have landed a new job which includes 100% travel with hotels and flights.  I am looking to stream all my expenses through this credit card every month to max my rewards and points.  Can anyone recommend a credit card such as this with a high enough limit?

There are a couple of questions you need to ask your self before you apply

- How long will it take your company to reimburse you?

- How much money will you put on the card?

- Can your income cover the expenses if your company doesnt reimburse you in time?

These questions will determine if you should get a credit card or charge card

Just my 2 cents!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 26 of 32
Viperlx
New Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Do you have a FICO score?

My fico score is 621 from TU

Message 27 of 32
Viperlx
New Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Amex PRG. Very good travel rewards for booking through amex. More lenient underwriting criteria since its a charge card. Internal limits can go sky high on charge cards. Discover card. 5% cash back though shopsiscover for hotels.com and expedia.

Chase sapphire preferred is for excellent credit. Not sure if you could do this one.

the chase freedom card is the one card I want the most but I know my credit is no where near the level to be accepted yet.  i am working with AMEX on a declined application.  The application has been in, "In Progress" for about a week now so I am hoping for a charge card.

Message 28 of 32
Viperlx
New Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Ok so what about the barclays travelocity card or a usaa card: are you a full member with usaa? Are you eligible for nfcu?

Barclays is something I would consider but I have a lot of recent inquires and my AAOA took a hit because of 2 new accounts.

Message 29 of 32
Viperlx
New Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@Viperlx wrote:

I have landed a new job which includes 100% travel with hotels and flights.  I am looking to stream all my expenses through this credit card every month to max my rewards and points.  Can anyone recommend a credit card such as this with a high enough limit?

There are a couple of questions you need to ask your self before you apply

- How long will it take your company to reimburse you?

- How much money will you put on the card?

- Can your income cover the expenses if your company doesnt reimburse you in time?

These questions will determine if you should get a credit card or charge card

Just my 2 cents!

I would be pushing at least 3k a month through the card and the company reimburses me once a month on the expenses.  I can cover it myself no problem since I have a buffer setup for just a thing in case there are delays.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.