Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card offers headed to the mailbox

tag
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Credit card offers headed to the mailbox

Just checked my EX report yesterday and consumerinfo.com just sp'd me so here comes another round of cc offers in the mail.  I didn't look to see if it was their Irvine or Costa Mesa address but everytime they pull, the mailbox fills up with "congrats, you're pre-selected ".  Most, if not all, will be cards I already have but the little plastic look alike ccs make great glue squeggies for the tool box Smiley Very Happy

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit card offers headed to the mailbox

@Blackrv7 wrote:

Just checked my EX report yesterday and consumerinfo.com just sp'd me so here comes another round of cc offers in the mail.  I didn't look to see if it was their Irvine or Costa Mesa address but everytime they pull, the mailbox fills up with "congrats, you're pre-selected ".  Most, if not all, will be cards I already have but the little plastic look alike ccs make great glue squeggies for the tool box Smiley Very Happy

LOL i agree!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 8
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

It's like you can set your watch to them!!  The last time they sp's me was Nov 14 and all the "pre-selected" advertising/solicitation to apply had pretty much dried up.  They sp'd my EX 29 times in 2013. 

Just like clockwork, when I got home yesterday there was a Prequalified* Walmart and a Pre-Approval* from Fifth Third Bank MC.....*"credit may not be extended if, blah, blah, blah".  But....no nice simulated plastic cc's I can used for squeggies...come on guys, let's not be so chinsey Smiley Frustrated

Seriously gang, if you see that consumerinfo.com has soft pulled you, get ready to have your mailbox flooded with marketing.  Acutally the 5th 3rd is a pretty nice offer, 0% for 15 months on purchases and BTs.........thanks but no thanks Smiley Wink

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 3 of 8
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@Blackrv7 wrote:

I thought I was the only one that did this, used them a lot in my wood shop, really kind miss the fridge magnets that Amex use to send, get nothing
since being opted outSmiley Mad

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 4 of 8
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Blackrv7 wrote:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that uses those for that purpose...lol. 

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 5 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Costa Mesa here and then here they come.
Message 6 of 8
BootStraps
Established Contributor

They also work well as guitar picks when cut into triangles.

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

There should be a really classic offer landing anytime now in the form of our popularly heralded First Premier Visa. Smiley Happy

I study patterns. They always seem to want attention between the big brand offers every time.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.