cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card options for me? Open to suggestions.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card options for me? Open to suggestions.

Try BBT and Citibank as well. BBT is known to give nice limits and they give you the card for a softpull, unless it’s changed.
Message 11 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard of a ton of good things with NFCU cards. I'm just not sure I want another secured card though. I'm probably shooting my self in the foot by not considering them, but in all honesty, I wouldn't have the cash to put in for the deposit. 

Message 12 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally of the three I rank them in the order of AMEX, Citibank and then BBT, however BBT is known to give fat limits, but AMEX has the 3X. You might be able to get away with the AMEX and then the BBT.
Message 13 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

If and when you can, that secured card Navy is worth more than you understand, I think. That institution is known to be one of the most liberal and relationship is important so just having that card for a while is it going to help you tremendously in the future with an additional card that may have a nice fat limit or grow there without a great deal of time.
Message 14 of 52
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've heard of a ton of good things with NFCU cards. I'm just not sure I want another secured card though. I'm probably shooting my self in the foot by not considering them, but in all honesty, I wouldn't have the cash to put in for the deposit. 

I don't think you're shooting yourself in the foot.  If you can't prudently budget a deposit, then that's a good reason not to app for a secured card.

Message 15 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very true! Perhaps I can just cancel OpenSky and reinvest that deposit into the NFCU secured card. 

Message 16 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

The FICO9 score is what Apple Card uses.  
I also have Discovers FICO8 score and of course FACO score through credit karma. 

Message 17 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBT? Ok, I'll give them a shot. Thanks!

Message 18 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of curiosity, what is BBT?

Message 19 of 52
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The FICO9 score is what Apple Card uses.  
I also have Discovers FICO8 score and of course FACO score through credit karma. 

If you're curious, you can also get EX8 for free from Discover here: https://creditscorecard.com. (The version that comes w/ your Discover card account is TU8).

Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.