cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card suggestions before gardening for seven months?

tag
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit card suggestions before gardening for seven months?

@Ghoshida wrote:

@ERoosky99 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@ERoosky99 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Why do you think you need another line. You have 5 cards. It doesnt appear you NEED another. I'd just get in the garden now...let your scores come up a little, and in 7 months you can app to your hearts content. 

You're probably right!  I'm just anxious and impatient about receiving a PRIME credit card.

Well you're not going to get a prime card now most likely, however, if you're patient, and garden, you'll be able to get your prime cards. Constant apping for subprime cards will not help in your search for a prime card. 

I have a total of 5 inquiries on TU, 3 on EX, and 3 on EQ.  I need to occupy my time another way besides obsessing over credit scores...

Put a security freeze on your credit. Go and opt out of prescreen for at least 6 months.

Pay all cards in full, and do not let more than 10% of your available credit report on the statements.

Garden for 6 months. Do not apply for anything right now.

Thanks for the advice.  OK, the truth has been beat into my head.  I WILL NOT APP, LMAO!!!

Current FICOs: (11-02-15) EQ- 623 (628) / EX- 643 / TU- 679
Starting FICOs: (May 2014) Low to mid 500s (all 3 bureaus)
GOAL: As HIGH as possible! All 3 FICOs above 680/700 will be NICE!!!
Total Credit Limits- $104,120
Message 21 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ghoshida wrote

Put a security freeze on your credit. Go and opt out of prescreen for at least 6 months.

Pay all cards in full, and do not let more than 10% of your available credit report on the statements.

Won't really make a difference. With those scores all the OP will be getting is CreditOne, First Premier Bank offers and such...

Ask me how i know  Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 41
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ghoshida wrote

Won't really make a difference. With those scores all the OP will be getting is CreditOne, First Premier Bank offers and such...

Ask me how i know  Smiley Wink

Umm... I hope NOT!  The Chase website says I am pre-qualified for the Freedom and Slate, but I am going to wait to app.

Message 23 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ERoosky99 wrote:

Umm... I hope NOT!  The Chase website says I am pre-qualified for the Freedom and Slate, but I am going to wait to app.

Nice.

I don't even show prequals for chase.

EX-678, EQ-640, TU-672 as of today.

AAOA of 3yrs 4mos

Message 24 of 41
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ERoosky99 wrote:

Nice.

I don't even show prequals for chase.

EX-678, EQ-640, TU-672 as of today.

AAOA of 3yrs 4mos

And that's why I'm not sure I trust it; even thought I've been told the Chase pre-qual is golden!  These forums have taught me a lot.

Message 25 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ERoosky99 wrote:

And that's why I'm not sure I trust it; even thought I've been told the Chase pre-qual is golden!  These forums have taught me a lot.

I wouldn't say GOLDEN.

Wife had a TU FICO of 698 when she got approved for Chase Freedom at $4,500 with 22.99% after 15mo 0% promo.

It's really kind of a mixed bag. I've even heard of Freedom approvals with scores as low as 620.

I'm personally waiting to apply for Chase since i want the CSP to start with.

Message 26 of 41
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ERoosky99 wrote:

I wouldn't say GOLDEN.

Wife had a TU FICO of 698 when she got approved for Chase Freedom at $4,500 with 22.99% after 15mo 0% promo.

It's really kind of a mixed bag. I've even heard of Freedom approvals with scores as low as 620.

I'm personally waiting to apply for Chase since i want the CSP to start with.

CSP is a dream card...

Message 27 of 41
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

Wait at least a year. See if you can get SP CLIs in the mean time. Then maybe you can consider apping for a prime card, AFTER a year of gardening Smiley Wink
CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ERoosky99 wrote:

@ERoosky99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ERoosky99 wrote:

I have two Capital One credit cards (unsecured), two retail cards, and one secured credit card.

I know I should garden for several months, but I really think I need to add another line of credit beforehand.

Current FICOs: TU 647, EX 613, and EQ 621.

Any approval suggestions based on my profile?

I can't afford to waste a hard pull, and the "shopping cart trick" HAS NOT worked for me.
Thanks in advance!

Get the Barclays NFL Visa... http://www.creditcards.org/nfl-credit-cards/nfl-extra-points-credit-card--4 .....OR The Discover iT Students.... http://www.creditcards.org/discover/discover-it-for-students-with-20-cashback-bonus ........YEAH ! Smiley Tongue

Barclays denied me on August 20th when I app'ed for their Rewards MasterCard.  My logic is, they'll probably deny me the NFL Visa as well???  I have been considering the Discover It card, but can I apply for the Student version although I graduated from college May 2014?  I'm not currently enrolled...

Thanks for introducing me to this creditcards.org website also.  I've never been there before.  I've been reading about people app'ing for the Discover It card and getting denied, but being offered a secured version of the card.  That is also incentive for me to app to get my foot in the door.  The downside being that not everyone gets the secured card offer which sucks...

Yeah, The Barclays Rewards MasterCard Denied me too Smiley Frustrated , Barclays and CITI are  very sensitive about  Hard Inquiries and i have 18 Hard Inquiries in the last 3 months, Maybe you should try for Credit Cards in 2015, i will try again in 2015 and see what happens  Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 41
BUN
Established Contributor

@jon22guitar wrote:
Wait at least a year. See if you can get SP CLIs in the mean time. Then maybe you can consider apping for a prime card, AFTER a year of gardening Smiley Wink

+1

Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.