cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card that will offer 0% APR for at least a year & $15K to $20K Credit Limit

tag
chowee21

Credit card that will offer 0% APR for at least a year & $15K to $20K Credit Limit

I am looking to get a credit card that offers at least 12 months 0% APR and give me a $15K to $20K CL.

Which cards would give me the best chance of getting said perks?

What all factors into the decision to approve the card and CL?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Credit card that will offer 0% APR for at least a year & $15K to $20K Credit Limit

@chowee21 wrote:

I am looking to get a credit card that offers at least 12 months 0% APR and give me a $15K to $20K CL.

Which cards would give me the best chance of getting said perks?

What all factors into the decision to approve the card and CL?

Thanks!

there are many cards with >12 months 0% APR.

Chase, American Express, Bank of America, Citi, Barclays and CapitalOne have multiple cards with 0% promos. You can also check out CUs.

It's hard to determine what kind of CL you will get. CUs tend to be more generous with credit limits, but there's no guarantee they'll give it to you either.

It depends on your credit history, credit score, income, DTI, etc.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 15
chowee21

Re: Credit card that will offer 0% APR for at least a year & $15K to $20K Credit Limit

Thanks,

My score is around 730-760, no late payments, and a DTI of about 0.45.

Based on that alone, who do you think I would have the best chance of getting the wanted result? 

I guess I would need to call the backdoor number to request the higher one?

I have a Chase Freedom card, so I would have to possibly go with American Express, Citi, or CAPone...

The reason I ask who I should go with is I dont want to have to try to go to 3 different places subsentialy dropping my score each time i apply...

Message 3 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@chowee21 wrote:

Thanks,

My score is around 730-760, no late payments, and a DTI of about 0.45.

Based on that alone, who do you think I would have the best chance of getting the wanted result? 

I guess I would need to call the backdoor number to request the higher one?

I have a Chase Freedom card, so I would have to possibly go with American Express, Citi, or CAPone...

The reason I ask who I should go with is I dont want to have to try to go to 3 different places subsentialy dropping my score each time i apply...

What is your AAoA and total utilization?  What's your highest CL on file?  What's holding your score from being in the upper range of 770+ and are FAKOS or true FICO score ranges?  Also, do you have considerable high income to support those high CLs? 

Message 4 of 15
negg
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 would be a longshot for an initial 20k CL. 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 5 of 15
chowee21

AAoA is 2 (4 years/ 2 cards)

Highest CL is $5K

Utilazation is close to 20

I only have about 3 years of history and i have about 7 inquiries on my score... thats probably why its so low.

What is considered high income to support it?  For a $15K card, what would be the minimum income with the other variables considered?

Message 6 of 15
negg
Frequent Contributor

I just app'd and approved for Marriott premier.  Income on app 60k. Was approved for $6500. My boss app'd for the same card, income on app 160k she was approved for 12.5.  

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 7 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@chowee21 wrote:

AAoA is 2 (4 years/ 2 cards)

Highest CL is $5K

Utilazation is close to 20

I only have about 3 years of history and i have about 7 inquiries on my score... thats probably why its so low.

What is considered high income to support it?  For a $15K card, what would be the minimum income with the other variables considered?

Honestly, with the information provided, I just can't see a lender approving you out the door with a $15K or $20K based on your highest CL and AAoA.  Also, different income levels can provide a variety of different results for everyone, there isn't a magic number unfortunately.

Message 8 of 15
chowee21

I got a $5K chase freedom off a $54K income.

I'm wondering if i could apply for a AmEx card, get approved, then possibly use the backdoor number and maybe get up to $15K?

My income has increase quite abit from the time i applied for that chase freedom card from a job change.

Message 9 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@chowee21 wrote:

I got a $5K chase freedom off a $54K income.

I'm wondering if i could apply for a AmEx card, get approved, then possibly use the backdoor number and maybe get up to $15K?

My income has increase quite abit from the time i applied for that chase freedom card from a job change.

There isn't a backdoor number for Amex regarding CLI's. 

I have to agree with FinStar, short of a CU,  I can't think of a lender that would start you off at $15-$20k based on the information provided. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.