Did you mean: 

Credit card to replace amazon card

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit card to replace amazon card

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Yes, BizPlat is still 1.5x on purchases of $5000 or more.  With big award fares certainly that is plausible, but OP would be needing to justify and liquidate tens of millions of MRs going that route which I assume is why they are looking for easy cash back.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the cap!

Schwab Platinum takes care of that for cashing out purposes to get it close to 2% (don't wanna AMEX math atm) but the cap is too low in this instance. Only way I see getting around that is if he has other business partners willing to get the card as well. Would take care of the limit issue that would be found on revolvers

Message 11 of 24
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Ahh...did not know about the 1M MR cap on >$5k. Is that new or has it been around for a while?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 12 of 24
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

Ahh...did not know about the 1M MR cap on >$5k. Is that new or has it been around for a while?

Been there for awhile as far as I can recall

Message 13 of 24
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Yes, BizPlat is still 1.5x on purchases of $5000 or more.  With big award fares certainly that is plausible, but OP would be needing to justify and liquidate tens of millions of MRs going that route which I assume is why they are looking for easy cash back.

Schwab Platinum takes care of that for cashing out purposes to get it close to 2% (don't wanna AMEX math atm) but the cap is too low in this instance. Only way I see getting around that is if he has other business partners willing to get the card as well. Would take care of the limit issue that would be found on revolvers

You can have multiple business platinums. Each get their own cap. I have 3 of them currently. I'm swimming in MR currently even after booking 10 days at Waldorf Maldives. 

I prefer the cash though. I love points, don't get me wrong but there's only so much you can do with points once you reach a certain point. 

plus Amex isn't a fan of cashing out large amounts of MR through Schwab. I know several people that got axed for that. 

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 14 of 24
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

As far back as I can remember the cap was there for earning 1.5x.  They did increase the cap on the points rebate for booking airfare to 1 million points from 500k around the same time they reduced it from 50% back to 35%, and also increased that cap to I think 3 million MRs with a few million in annual spend.  It could be a sure ticket to Centurion; not sure what caps are in place for that.

Message 15 of 24
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

You can have multiple business platinums. Each get their own cap. I have 3 of them currently. I'm swimming in MR currently even after booking 10 days at Waldorf Maldives. 

I prefer the cash though. I love points, don't get me wrong but there's only so much you can do with points once you reach a certain point. 

plus Amex isn't a fan of cashing out large amounts of MR through Schwab. I know several people that got axed for that. 

I hear you there. It's why me and DW shifted some of our business spend from our Biz plat to the Premium Rewards. Nice just getting cashback for the spend since it's something we can use for whatever we want as opposed to MRs which are limited to travel. As far as cashing out issues through Schwab I haven't heard of this but I admit I haven't been at churning reddit in awhile. We cashed out a good chunk of our MRs a few months ago to use it as a fund for hazard pay for our employees since they work in the medical field. We still left a little there that is slowly getting refilled again since we can't use it for traveling anytime soon

Message 16 of 24
imaximous
Valued Contributor

I use Chase Amazon heavily, but I realize that you probably won't be able to get it because of 5/24.
I hope they won't follow suit and also cap the 5% cashback. So far, they haven't had an issue with cycling, but I'm not charging anywhere near $500k a month on a single card.
CL on Chase Amazon is $50k and I cycle only once a month to avoid potential issues . The rest is going on Amex Amazon right now, but that's also going to change in October.
My 2 cashback backups are BofA PR and Citi DC.
If Amazon took Apple Pay, I'd destroy my AR there too, but you can only wish.

Unfortunately, there really is nothing else out there that can compare to 5% on Amazon.
Consolation prize is using Hyatt card and Delta Reserve to hit highest status tier on spend alone. That's about it.

Message 17 of 24
elixerin
Established Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

woooaaaaa please share Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 24
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:

Given the recent kneecapping of the amazon business Amex card. I am looking if anyone knows any off the beaten path credit cards that earn bonuses on Amazon. This is Amazon.com spend only. My business has contracts with amazon and they supply us.

Primarily looking for cash back cards that earn 2% or greater.

I prefer business credit cards, but i'm open to personal cards as well. Its easier to cycle business cards without getting shut down.

Currently, i'm aware of the other 2 amazon cards ( Chase/Synch)

I have AOD at 3% is nice, but I doubt it will last longer than another 6 months.

Affinity CU used to offer 5% on Amazon but its now dead.

I found a few small CU's that offer 2% on the business side. Looking into a few of those but I haven't heard much about them.

RBFCU is one of them. I heard you can only cash out once a year though ? Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Wait. Affinity doesn't offer the 5% back anymore, or just that it's just capped? It's still listed on their website, with a $3,500 monthly cap (which I know doesn't help you but I'm inquiring for myself).

Message 19 of 24
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I'm going to try see about using my personal Amazon store card and see what happens. I didn't see a limit on the cash back in the T&C.

I only spend about 200k on my Amazon Amex a year. I was wondering how long it would take for Amazon to cap the 5% rebate. Well for me it's been a great run. Hopefully it still will be for the first 120k. 

Guyatthebeach

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.