Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card users surcharge of up to 4 percent

tag
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit card users surcharge of up to 4 percent

Just to throw a wrench into the works, I live in Colorado and we did not "pass a law" legalizing marijuana, its a constitutional amendment, which is a whole different ball of wax.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 51 of 52
lithium78
Established Contributor

Re: Credit card users surcharge of up to 4 percent

I live in NJ, so I'm going to be affected by the credit card surcharge law.  The big box retailers aren't going to charge the fee, only the small businesses, so the net effect is that I am not going to give as much of my business to the mom and pop shops.  Was this the intention of the new regulations?  I doubt it, but that's how things are going to shake out.

Already, NJ allows gas stations to charge extra for using a credit card, so I only buy my gas from BJ's Wholesale, a warehouse store that doesn't charge fees.  I'll be doing the same to avoid any other place that wants to charge me for using a credit card.  It'll be easy because they have to announce it with a sign on their door when you walk in.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 52 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.