Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards 5k+

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit cards 5k+

@Anonymous  earlier you were asked about negatives on your CR 

It's hard to make a recommendation without knowing what's an option for you and what's not 

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I did post here quite awhile ago when I was cleaning up my husband's credit report. All of the negatives I was working on was for him since he is always busy working so I handle all of that stuff. I've gotten most of it under control now =)

As for me, there are no negatives on my report.

Message 12 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I did post here quite awhile ago when I was cleaning up my husband's credit report. All of the negatives I was working on was for him since he is always busy working so I handle all of that stuff. I've gotten most of it under control now =)

As for me, there are no negatives on my report.

Okay, bear with me here for a min 

I do not see any mention of your husband in this thread, so maybe I'm a little bit confused 

In your orginal post, you listed Vantage scores, but in another post you said "I just tried the website you gave me and it is reporting 655. It say's FICOScore8." 

If that's your EX fico, it's not indicative of clean file  because you already stated utilization is under 5%. 

Any paid charge offs or collections on your report?  

You recently posted about charged off Macy's account and settling old Amex account. Unless both got deleted, they are negative. 

Message 13 of 16
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I wanted to see if I would be approved for any credit cards that are 5k and up?

About my credit history:
-My credit score: 732 TU / 732 E
(It just jumped recently from 707 to 732)

-I only three cards currently; Comenity: Victoria Secret, Jcrew and Redwood card

-My credit started at 550 back in 2016. I paid off 3 baddies on my report and they have been deleted. By March 2017, I managed to get a Redwood secured Card so my credit history was established then.

-No late payments since then and my UTI is under 5%

Unfortunately, at first look-see, the answer is no.

Why? Because we don't know your FICO scores. It appears you are using CK score, which lenders don't use and CK scores can be anywhere between 30-90 points off. If these are FICO scores, please provide the one that's missing.

Second, the cards you do have probably are not $5K CLs. Lenders don't want to be the first one out the gate offering a $5K CL. What are the CLs on the cards in  your possession?

And finally, we need to know your DPs:

UT (aggregate and individual)

AAOA

AoYA

CL on your cards

Income

Let us know where you are in regard to these questions, then we can be more specific on your chances of a $5K approval.

EDIT: Okay, I see basically all of my questions have been answered, and I still have to stick with a "no" on a $5K approval. But you'll get there with on-time payments, low UT, and no negatives. Time is what you need.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

From the site where you pulled the Experian FICO score. What does the report look like? You said there are no negatives. The only thing on the report is the 2 Comenity cards and the Redwood card?

List the other things on the report, the status (important) and what section it’s listed under, revolving, installment, collection, or public record.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I wanted to see if I would be approved for any credit cards that are 5k and up?

About my credit history:
-My credit score: 732 TU / 732 E
(It just jumped recently from 707 to 732)

-I only three cards currently; Comenity: Victoria Secret, Jcrew and Redwood card

-My credit started at 550 back in 2016. I paid off 3 baddies on my report and they have been deleted. By March 2017, I managed to get a Redwood secured Card so my credit history was established then.

-No late payments since then and my UTI is under 5%

Unfortunately, at first look-see, the answer is no.

Why? Because we don't know your FICO scores. It appears you are using CK score, which lenders don't use and CK scores can be anywhere between 30-90 points off. If these are FICO scores, please provide the one that's missing.

Second, the cards you do have probably are not $5K CLs. Lenders don't want to be the first oe out the gate offering a $5K CL. What are the CLs on the cards in  your possession?

And finally, we need to know your DPs:

UT (aggregate and individual)

AAOA

AoYA

CL on your cards

Income

Let us know where you are in regard to these questions, then we can be more specific on your chances of a $5K approval.

EDIT: Okay, I see basically all of my questions have been answered, and I still have to stick with a "no" on a $5K approval. But you'll get there with on-time payments, low UT, and no negatives. Time is what you need.

Thanks all for the replies.

Looks like I will stick to gardening for another year. 

Thread can be closed. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.