Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards That Run Fico 9 Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit cards That Run Fico 9 Equifax

I’m going into the garden soon but want to try one more card that runs only E9 score. My score is really good (728) so trying to nab 1 more approval before gardening for next 6-12 months. I already have PenFed Power Cash and Navy Fed Amex both approved last month. Trying to squeeze 1 more high SL card. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit cards That Run Fico 9 Equifax

The "Which Banks Pull Which Report For Apps" list - myFICO® Forums - 5542910 

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 2 of 10
tcbofade
Super Contributor

PenFed is the only one that I know of... I'm sure that there are others, but I have no idea who that might be.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3 of 10
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

^ ^ ^ T H I S .... great thread to have bookmarked if you're apping. 

@Credit_is_Crack has been updating it.

Shouldn't matter if EQ Fico 9 or 8 as they are both very similar from my observation.  So if you're good on one you should be pretty close on the other. 

So that being said, here are some EQ pull options (FICO 8/9):

* PenFed ... as you noted, plus ...

HSBC (*Cash Rewards MC has 3% SUB on 1st $10K spend)

Discover (if you have a prequal) - IT Miles which pays out as a cashback card pays essentially 3% back on first year with no spending cap!

BB&T ... could even be a SOFT PULL (No SUB but low apr, cash rewards, and travel rewards cards)

Citizen's Bank

Chartway (not Charterway) FCU

Langley FCU

Synovus

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 4 of 10
jbestman007
Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

^ ^ ^ T H I S .... great thread to have bookmarked if you're apping. 

@Credit_is_Crack has been updating it.

Shouldn't matter if EQ Fico 9 or 8 as they are both very similar from my observation.  So if you're good on one you should be pretty close on the other. 

The difference between Fico 9 and 8 can be great if you have medical collections on your file. FICO 9 scrubs medical collections. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

Message 6 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

FICO 9 still has scoring penalty for unpaid medical collections, however, it's lessened compared to earlier scoring versions.

Message 7 of 10
jbestman007
Contributor

@Remedios wrote:
FICO 9 still has scoring penalty for unpaid medical collections, however, it's lessened compared to earlier scoring versions.

Correct. Even more significant are paid collections. They are completely ignored in the 9 model.  To which I say, common sense has prevailed. 

Message 8 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Yes and no. Score is just a numerical interpretation of CR. Each lender in return "interprets" data gained from HP/SP, and depending on how their internal scoring algorithm weighs each particular segment on CR, it may or may not be an issue
That's why you see "OMG denied with 800 Fico" and "Yay approved with 630".
That's a conversation for different thread and different part of the forum.

OP has actively been seeking credit lately with quite a few denials, so I'd focus on that aspect if I were her.

Message 9 of 10
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@jbestman007 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Correct. Even more significant are paid collections. They are completely ignored in the 9 model.  To which I say, common sense has prevailed. 

This is not my experience. I have a medical collection on my record and my Fico 8 is 40 points higher than Fico 9. This may be due to Fico 9 giving credit seeking more weight, IDK.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.