Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards & No income & No Experian score

tag
cardslayer
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit cards & No income & No Experian score

@remarc wrote:
This kind of thing grinds me!! I've been seeing it a lot recently. People lying to get credit.

I came to this country 5 years ago. I did it the right way. Cost me a lot of money. I've always paid my taxes. I've been honest & hard working to build a life for myself & to build credit then I read things like this were numpty (no offense) gets everything paid for. Lies to get credit & ends up with higher limits & Better credit than myself.

FYI. u got a Social when u got your green card & if u didn't your not legal here!

Not clear what the rant ^ is about, but you do not need to have a green card to be able to get a SSN - you can get one as a non-resident. It will be stamped on the card "Not valid for employment". There are plenty of folks in this country on various non-immigrant visas, i.e. H1b's and the like. They live here, own cars, homes, credit cards, etc... and are legal to work only via a sponsoring company. They have SSN's. Another example is college students (student visa), and about 50+ other non-immigrant visa categories. Most of those categories can have an SSN. There isn't anything "not legal" about any of these scenarios, and this is not the right forum to be questioning OP's legal status regardless.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@remarc wrote:
This kind of thing grinds me!! I've been seeing it a lot recently. People lying to get credit.

I came to this country 5 years ago. I did it the right way. Cost me a lot of money. I've always paid my taxes. I've been honest & hard working to build a life for myself & to build credit then I read things like this were numpty (no offense) gets everything paid for. Lies to get credit & ends up with higher limits & Better credit than myself.

FYI. u got a Social when u got your green card & if u didn't your not legal here!

How did I lie? I read the instruction, and I included what I was getting from my parents and spending in the US?

And, I put don 2 dollars for walmart application as i said, and i got 800 dollars? Well....no offense taken.

Didn't try to offense any1 with this post... and btw, Social is given even if you don't have Green card! Just letting you know.

Got mine from OPT with F-1, and now I am on EB-5 Visa with my parents. So, idk how you got here, but I am pretty sure I (my parents) are spending equivalent amount of money or even more you have spent over last 5 years? Well, once again sorry if any1 is offended.

Message 12 of 21
remarc
Regular Contributor

Good for your parents. Must be great having someone else finance your life! (No I'm not bitter about it). However in my opinion. U lied to get credit. Your income is how much u personally earn! I could be wrong but that's how I understand it to be.
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@remarc wrote:
Good for your parents. Must be great having someone else finance your life! (No I'm not bitter about it). However in my opinion. U lied to get credit. Your income is how much u personally earn! I could be wrong but that's how I understand it to be.

According to capital one, Annual Income is 

Total Annual Income

Enter your personal annual income from all sources (e.g. full-time, part-time, or seasonal jobs, self employment, interest or dividends, retirement and public assistance).

Point here is, income from ALL SOURCES & on F-1 Visa you can't work outside school & with HB-5 you can't work either than investing as far as i know. So, yes, I depend on my parents till I graduate in a year.

I seriously wanted to ask wuts going on with my experian score, and this is what happpened. How do I remove this post?

Sorry everyone

Message 14 of 21
alboto
Regular Contributor

Well that kind of happened to me too when I moved to my new house in a different state. I trie to pull all my reports and experian wouldnt let me, so what I did was call them and they told me to send a copy of my social and prove of my new address so I sent a copy of my new license, and after a couple of weeks I got my report in the mail from experian. You are not doing anything illegal so just give them a call.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed but your point about not getting an SSN unless you have a green card is not true at all. If you have worked legally in America, you have an SSN. I was a student until last year and I got my SSN when I started working part time at my university.

edit: I was replying to the post about not getting social security numbers unless you're a permanent resident.

Message 16 of 21
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

You can definitely get a ssn without a green card. Any type of residency is also backed up by a SSN.

Now, the op is with a student visa and not working yet including parent's support on credit card applications which for some people is considered fraud.

As for the experian report, try calling them and let them know you cannot get your score/report.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 17 of 21
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

R u serious u have got to be kidding me.

Message 18 of 21
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

bump

Message 19 of 21
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

Trolling?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.