Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards from the same bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit cards from the same bank

Need some advice please. I recently received a invite from Citi. I applied and received a 1000 limit zero percent apr balance transfer card which I used to bring 3 other cards to zero balance. Now 3 weeks later I received another invite code from them? Is this a glitch or allowing me to get a 2nd card from them? I'm curious because I have 2 cards from capital one. So wondering what to do? Thanks
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Credit cards from the same bank

Try the Citi prequal and see what pops up. It's possible to have several with one bank. The majority of the people here in the forums do. Depends on how strong your credit is if they'll approve you for another this soon.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. My first approval with them my exp. Fico was 620. It's 619 now
Message 3 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Is there anything holding your scores down? Do you have an installment loan? I'd wait for a score boost before applying with them again.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical derogs
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well even with score dip from 619 to 616 now. I applied with second prequal and they gave me another card with another 1000 limit. I'm actually shocked. Maybe they see my other 5 cards are perfect standing plus a car loan and personal loan all in perfect standing. I'm actually happy that this company seems to look beyond just the credit score for approval
Message 6 of 11
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Nice and congrats!  Citi has been good to me, starting with one card, up to three now.  Use 'em, pay 'em = grow 'em!  I believe Citi does cli's every six months, so watch for the soft pull cli option when its available.  Enjoy your new cards!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are those paid-closed or open medical derogs?

You might have a different experience based on what citi cards you have & your credit profile, but I tried a SP cli on my citi Costco card as soon as the language on the request page changed from HP to SP (around 2 months) my request went to review. Got a secure message/document & later a physical letter stating I was denied due to presence of collections on my report (3 recently paid medical) and indicating they can't offer more credit while they remain. Could have been due to making the request before 6mo & collection was a default reason used or could be the reason for denial. Time will tell, with luck I should have the remaining collections deleted by mid January & I can take another swing at it.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 open medical derogs and a open utility derog from 2011 which will fall off next year. They always seem to pull my Experian. So all credit cards and 2 installment loans status green and 2 medical derogs and one utility derog. Again the second card I was approved for 14 days after the first was a real shock. I expected the second card to deffently be denied. It was 2 different invite letters
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on how much the open medicals are & your overall feelings on the matter you could probably knock them out without much effort beyond a handful of carefully crafted letters & some measure of payment.

Or you could just wait out the year until they drop as you mentioned. Supposing is you don't intend to apply for anything until then it's a viable option, just be aware that old debts that drop off can still come back to hurt (or at least irritate) you later.

Congrats on the second card!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.