cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards not reporting to Equifax

tag
IIIJesterIII

Credit cards not reporting to Equifax

None of my credit cards have not been reporting to Equifax.  Not sure of the reason, but it is hurting my score because they are show higher balances and lower limits then are actually on the cards.  The last time most of them updated was 12/2009.  Has anyone else had this problem?  It only seems to be Equifax because they are up to date on my other two reports.

Starting Score: EX 528 EQ 564 TU 535
Current Score: EX 692 EQ 636 TU 695
Goal Score: 700

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit cards not reporting to Equifax

This sounds like it might be a problem with your demographics (personal info), since it's only on EQ, and it's all of your cards.

Check your name, SSN, address, etc very carefully on your EQ report. Are they completely correct? Then compare them to your demos on the other two reports.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
IIIJesterIII

I have checked all the demographic information.  Everything is reporting correctly.  I wonder if I just dispute all the accounts saying the balance is incorrect.  However, if the company doesn't repond, I don't want the accounts removed from my report.

Message 3 of 6
Travis-84
Regular Contributor

I had a positive tradeline removed because I made a dispute over a stuipid reason.  If the account is helping your score more than hurting it, I would not dispute it through Equifax.

Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@IIIJesterIII wrote:

I have checked all the demographic information.  Everything is reporting correctly.  I wonder if I just dispute all the accounts saying the balance is incorrect.  However, if the company doesn't repond, I don't want the accounts removed from my report.

I'm just concerned that it's on every single card, and that all these cards have updated on the other two. To me, that signals an EQ problem, one that disputing balances might not help. Are any accounts not showing at all on EQ that used to be there?

I agree with PP --disputing, even on balances, can have nasty unexpected results.

IMO, Equifax needs to check things out on their end. Try calling their customer service, although I would heartily recommend using a speakerphone and getting comfortable first. The hold times can be endless.

eta:  Just to confirm, you are pulling new reports with Equifax, right? Reports don't update on their own; you have to get new ones. I assume that you are, since you're seeing newer reports from the other two. Are you checking through a monitoring service like TrueCredit, or directly from EQ, or via ScoreWatch, or what?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
IIIJesterIII

I think I probably just need to call EQ... I hate those long waits!  I pull directly from EQ and their site for this report. I also use TrueCredit to monitor my other 2 reports.  It bothers me because most places in my area use EQ and I want to refinance my car loan and my accounts that are PIF are showing high balances and they all say 12/2009 was the last time they were updated.  A couple months wouldn't bother me, but it has been like 6 now.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.