Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards you just can't seem to "crack"

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Credit cards you just can't seem to "crack"

I remember getting my Wells Fargo unsecured card when I was 18 and didn't even have a social security number lol. However they are conservative now after the crisis.

On the side note: Wells Fargo is pilot testing some new cards. Some customers are getting invitations to pilot test the program. No exact details on rewards structure but its going to be a visa signature card. Currently Wells Fargo signature Visa cards are by invitation only through their advisors.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 21 of 54
mcf
Contributor

Yeh i wont hold my breath lol!! I might just suffocate. But whoever g4ts on that testrun Good Luck!

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 54
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I had a sour experience with WF in April. Still have my personal and business checking/savings with them and a couple of investment accounts with them. Eventually will close my personal savings/checkings and maybe still leave the business accounts with them a little longer. Going to apply for their business credit card towards the end of this year and that will determine if i keep them open.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 23 of 54
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
I remember getting my Wells Fargo unsecured card when I was 18 and didn't even have a social security number lol. However they are conservative now after the crisis.

On the side note: Wells Fargo is pilot testing some new cards. Some customers are getting invitations to pilot test the program. No exact details on rewards structure but its going to be a visa signature card. Currently Wells Fargo signature Visa cards are by invitation only through their advisors.

you may have a good chance at being those lucky ones enharu...Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 54
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Nothing yet. I'm still waiting for my first denial.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 25 of 54
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

haha! you are one of the very lucky ones here Scholar...Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 54
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

You're denied!

I wish I had your scores Smiley Wink

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 27 of 54
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I probably just jinxed myself and the next time I apply for something, it will come back saying DENIED!
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 28 of 54
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:
I probably just jinxed myself and the next time I apply for something, it will come back saying DENIED!

meh...just knock on some wood and you will be alright...lol

Message 29 of 54
jmco
Contributor

Mine are AMEX and the salliemae MC!

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 626
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.