Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit cards

Yep, just always set autopay on your account to PIF and we should be good. 

Message 21 of 25
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@I_Love_Cards wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Citylights18 wrote:

-Transfer partners aren't as good as Chase and Citi.

I have heard the opposite view (perhaps especially with Citi)

Right?  This is a really subjective thing based on preferred partners.  80% of my travel is Delta & Hilton.  Amex partners are really pretty ideal for me.  

A lot of the enthusiasm about URs is based on the days when Hyatt had 6 award categories, Korean Air was a partner, and United had some pretty flexible booking rules.

I like Amex for frequent transfer bonuses.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 22 of 25
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I like my BCE, had it for 7 years. Pretty much everything is covered in "the list". They seem to keep up with the times with offerings (Pay It, access to things via website, etc.) Takes a couple more clicks to get to past statements, and a whole lot of searching to find the Year End Summary (under My Trends link??, even though Y.E.S.s are backward looking).

Looknig at your signature, you spent $7,256.77 on your Savor - you need to spend $9500 annually just at restaurants to make up the annual fee versus the Savor One.

You are correct. But I was grandfathered in, so I get 4% AND no AF. After Capital One saw that they were going to lose their shirt on the card and needed to add an AF.

I was happy to get the card with the AF.

$500 SUB

$50 of reimbursed Postmates Unlimited before some of the nerfs via merchant fees (and $5 off Postmates orders, but I think a regular Savor One would have gotten that, too.)

Same 4% on dining.

No AF paid yet (and I will close or downgrade to avoid it)

Most dining spend went on CSR for a better earn rate.

Going forward I get 3.5% via BofA Premium when I'm not going for miles or a SUB.

4% beats 3.5%...but it would take a long time for 0.5% of my dining spend to amount to the SUB difference between $500 and $100/$200/whatever the Premier Dining card offered.

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I like my BCE, had it for 7 years. Pretty much everything is covered in "the list". They seem to keep up with the times with offerings (Pay It, access to things via website, etc.) Takes a couple more clicks to get to past statements, and a whole lot of searching to find the Year End Summary (under My Trends link??, even though Y.E.S.s are backward looking).

Looknig at your signature, you spent $7,256.77 on your Savor - you need to spend $9500 annually just at restaurants to make up the annual fee versus the Savor One.

You are correct. But I was grandfathered in, so I get 4% AND no AF. After Capital One saw that they were going to lose their shirt on the card and needed to add an AF.

$500 SUB

$50 of reimbursed Postmates Unlimited before some of the nerfs via merchant fees (and $5 off Postmates orders, but I think a regular Savor One would have gotten that, too.)

Same 4% on dining.

Going forward I get 3.5% via BofA Premium when I'm not going for miles or a SUB.

4% beats 3.5%...but it would take a long time for 0.5% of my dining spend to amount to the SUB difference between $500 and $100/$200/whatever the Premier Dining card offered.

I got no SUB. it was a PC from a QS.

Speaking of, your only choice to PC the Savor might be QS. Savor One is not an option at this point. 

Message 24 of 25
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

$500 SUB

Same 4% on dining.

I got no SUB. it was a PC from a QS.

Speaking of, your only choice to PC the Savor might be QS. Savor One is not an option at this point. 

QS is fine. It will be in the SD or closed, either way.

BofA beats Savor One on dining (3.5% vs. 3%), and in my experience with Cap1 and Citi, a lot of what I spend on "entertainment" doesn't qualify (notably performances by non-profit organizations where tickets can be expensive but it often codes as a charitable organization). So I'm not going to fret about 3% on entertainment vs. 2.625% with BofA.

I have some streaming services, too, and BCP will cover those until I downgrade back to BCE probably in late 2020.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.