cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit denied - I don't even want credit. What should I do?

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Re: Credit denied - I don't even want credit. What should I do?

What are the reasons they are giving for denial? If you give some more information it would be easier for people to help you. How old are your accounts? Are they store cards or bank cards? What kind of limits do you have? Income? Any negative items reporting? Where did you get those scores? Fico or Credit Karma? Etc. They aren't bad scores, but lenders look at more then that. Things like your payment history, usage, limits, age of accounts, etc all matter just as much if not more.

Message 31 of 35
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@Exonumist wrote:

What are the reasons they are giving for denial? If you give some more information it would be easier for people to help you.

1)How old are your accounts?

2) Are they store cards or bank cards?

3)What kind of limits do you have?

4) Income? Any negative items reporting?

5)Where did you get those scores? Fico or Credit Karma? Etc. They aren't bad scores, but lenders look at more then that. Things like your payment history, usage, limits, age of accounts, etc all matter just as much if not more.

This is information I was looking for as well. What 7 credit cards do you have?  I edited Exo's post to highlight the questions. With that information, we can offer a lot more help

Also:

6) What is the balance on each card and what is that card's credit limit?

7) Have you gone to annualcreditreport.com ( or is it freeannualcreditreport.com ? ) and pull your reports? I'd check to make sure there is nothing screwy on there.

8) Have you checked in the helpful threads section for the backdoor numbers to the places you've applied at? You could try to call and ask them for reconsideration. That helps often for a lot of people. Backdoor Numbers

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 32 of 35
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@Exonumist wrote:

What are the reasons they are giving for denial? If you give some more information it would be easier for people to help you. How old are your accounts? Are they store cards or bank cards? What kind of limits do you have? Income? Any negative items reporting? Where did you get those scores? Fico or Credit Karma? Etc. They aren't bad scores, but lenders look at more then that. Things like your payment history, usage, limits, age of accounts, etc all matter just as much if not more.

Weird. I posted a comment, hit "post" and it vanished.

Trying again!

Like Exo said can you answer those questions plus a few more?

1) What reason are they giving for denial?

2) What 7 cards do you have?

3) What limits are on them, and also- what balances do you have on each?

4) What is your income?

5) Have you pulled your free credit reports to make sure nothing is on them that shouldn't be?

6) Where are you getting your scores from?

7) have you looked at the Back Door Numbers thread under the Helpful Threads post in this sub forum? If you call and ask for reconsideration some of the companies that denied you might change their  mind and give you a chance.

8) How old are the cards that you have now?

9) How many inquiries do you have on each credit report

With that information we can offer you much more specific and targeted help.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 33 of 35
newhis
Valued Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

@newhis wrote:

@TheFate wrote:

Sorry I was unaware of such a card. Thats pretty good actually, I stand corrected. Is there a limit on the secured?

Don't have to be sorry. Many people don't know this exists and they only take the BoA regular card, that's why I try to spread the word that you can have rewards.

On the website they say the limits are 300-4900. But I asked by secured chat and by phone and they say that you can have up to 10K.

Does the card graduate?

Yes, the card graduate. Some people will not get the card graduated if there is something in the report that BoA doesn't like.

If your report is clean there shouldn't be any problems to get an automatic graduation at 12 months (less for some people). I read about someone asking for early graduation taking a HP and get the card unsecured at 6 months.

Message 34 of 35
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

@Exonumist wrote:

Weird. I posted a comment, hit "post" and it vanished.

Trying again!

Like Exo said can you answer those questions plus a few more?

1) What reason are they giving for denial?

2) What 7 cards do you have?

3) What limits are on them, and also- what balances do you have on each?

4) What is your income?

5) Have you pulled your free credit reports to make sure nothing is on them that shouldn't be?

6) Where are you getting your scores from?

7) have you looked at the Back Door Numbers thread under the Helpful Threads post in this sub forum? If you call and ask for reconsideration some of the companies that denied you might change their  mind and give you a chance.

8) How old are the cards that you have now?

9) How many inquiries do you have on each credit report

With that information we can offer you much more specific and targeted help.

+1

Not saying that OP is sketchy..... but........ it seems........... sketchy

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.