Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit game!!! the boring game

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit game!!! the boring game

I had my SSN for the first time in December 2019 (23 years old - I know, it's a bit late).

I got 1st approve for Discover IT student for 1500$ ( That's instant ), then I opened Self-lender for 12 months term 5xx somethings ( dont' event remember ).

From December ( 2019 ) to Jan ( 2020 ), I hella applied for 10 times ( Of course, all denied =)) ) when you have your 1st SSN, it's .......... belive me, i tried with all major creditors.

Wells Fargo, I'm kind of disappointed about them ( Don't even offer me a secured credit card ) I'm a customer since 2016 ( Only wells ), then BoA offer me a secured cash rewards ( letter in trash now ).

From Dec to now 27/02, All paid off balance before statements date ( Spent total 4-5k 1st month on normal spending and got 53$ cash back from 1st month - this month IDK yet ).

Exp Unknow/ TranU 665 / Equi 660 as 27/02 

10/6/5

I will try to ask increase from Discover this Mar and . . . keep doing well until July to get my 1st FICO score. 

1. When I have my 1st score, can I ask for Amex Gold or Pla ????( I really like something metal + luxury and Amex do really wells )

I also like CSP and CSR, they are hard to get for sure ( since they're credit card, so it will be more harder to get than Amex )

2. Should I pay off Self early ( after I have my 1st Fico Score ) ? 

3. I like dont like a saving account and have LOW checking amount ( I put all money on stock markets, credit card is daily for cash back, checking is place to transfer money to Market and pay for credit ). I also like cash Smiley Happy 

Is that habit hurt my potential for future Credit Card ( Chase SP/SR ) ???????

Thank for your advice!

5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit game!!! the boring game

Credit Rome wasnt built in a daySmiley Wink

Message 2 of 6
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

This takes time, let what you have now age. You hurt yourself by taking all those inquiries in a short time frame. Once you get some history behind you then the cards will come, you just need to take your time and always check prequals first before taking an inquiry. Slow and steady wins this game.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dynamicvb wrote:

This takes time, let what you have now age. You hurt yourself by taking all those inquiries in a short time frame. Once you get some history behind you then the cards will come, you just need to take your time and always check prequals first before taking an inquiry. Slow and steady wins this game.

+10

Message 4 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I think you missed an opportunity with the BoA secured card.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is a great starter card. Grow it and it will grow with you. Denials aren't good. Space everything out!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.