Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit limit decrease

Yes +200 get that car and park it til you get it all sorted out
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have the money to pay if off call the car loan company and negotiate a pay for delete. Then call he CC's and ask them to reinstate after your reports update with the delete.

May or may not work but hats what I would do
Message 12 of 16
wmweeza
Established Contributor

Why not take the car and sell it?

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wmweeza wrote:

Why not take the car and sell it?

Because OP probably doesn't own the car yet, therefore he doesn't have the car title.

no car title = can't sell car

Message 14 of 16
yfan
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, nothing can really be don't credit wise. You have taken that hit, and if the car gets repoed, it will get worse.

But, credit will improve with time and patience. What can be done is for your daughter to learn some tough lessons. It sounds cruel to say, but if due to the repo it means she has to take the bus, then so be it. Don't help her get another vehicle let or any other loans until she learns to use credit responsibly.
Message 15 of 16
Kidcat
Established Contributor

OP- is there a reason your daughter stopped paying?  Is she working?  I would first and foremost take possession of the car (i had this issue with ex) take it to Carfax and see if they give you an offer, once they may the offer determine if you can take a small personal loan or get money from family/friends anyone to pay the difference between the offer and the payoff.  

Or can you sell one of the 2 cars you are financing?  $600 is a big car payment...at this point you're better off selling it and covering the difference...if you're far enough into the loan, and the mileage is low, you may get a better offer than you think.

When the bank wanted me to cosign for my son to get a car, instead of co-signing I gave him the money for a larger down payment so he could buy it in his name only.  If you are going to cosign in the future make sure it is an amount you can pay within your budget in the event something like this happens.

I really wish you luck, but I would seriously look into selling the car and figuring out a way to pay the difference, so there is no more damage to your credit.  Not only can they repossess the car, but they could come after you for any excess balance based on the value of the car.

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.