Did you mean: 

Credit limits a perspective

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit limits a perspective

@longtimelurker wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

This is important to note. Remember that this forum is really composed of outliers in the credit world. And especially during these times credit cards are essentially a loan that the person is using to purchase things that they cannot use cash to purchase, heck some are using it just to keep afloat especially during the run of inflation we have experienced the past year or so. People who pay in full are probably more uncommon than we think tbh

Right.   And sadly, the number of people who SAY they always PIF is strictly greater than those that actually always PIF!   (From a wealth management site I follow:  mainly fairly young "savvy" people.   The CFP said that many of his clients claim to be using cards just for the rewards, all free stuff, issuers not making a penny out of me etc etc, but with access to the financials, he discovered only 6% really regularly PIF.   Hopefully better here, but....)

Ever wondered why those who frequent UFS and are prone to posting screenshots of every point gained on easily manipulated Fico 8 are actively dodging Fico 10T thread 

Kinda hard to "I PIF" with them puppies in a tow.

In any case, I believe those PIFFY statements to be inaccurate because according to some,  if you do a BT, you just paid in full among other nonsense  

It's gotten to the point where there is a reluctance to even ask how to get out of the debt because most likely responses will be centered around "Oh you shouldn't have carried balances" - d'oh!!!!

Instead of addressing what can be done going forward, some see it as an opportunity to brag about fake PIF with several concurrent BTs. 

We don't point that out because it might appear that it's not FSR, but I strongly feel it should be addressed when it happens. 

Anyway, about the limits..I like them but I've stopped chasing them because at this point, my spend doesn't support them at all, so because I didn't regulate myself, some lenders will do it for me at some point in time and that's fine, wasn't my money to begin with.  

Message 21 of 22
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Credit limits a perspective

@AndySoCal wrote:

@tcbofade 

To clarify what I was referring to was in case of emergency.  For example, something happens where you would add an additional $5,000 to $10,000 or more on a credit card(s) in addtion to your normal spending.  Yes, you could do a balance a transfer to another card with a better rate etc. What would your creditors do in response to see the higher balances that are not paid off in a billing cycle or two ?

Nothing yet.

I learned (quickly) not to let anything report over 68% individual utilization.

Now we're under 48% individual utilization across the boards, and DW and I are doing fine.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.