cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit newbie thinking about Blue Cash Preferred [Update: Pending further review, and approved]

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit newbie thinking about Blue Cash Preferred

1. Why can't you get a Fico report from here?

2. Why don't you apply now? I don't think you need to wait.

Message 11 of 37
IndianaJoshua

1. My SSN is 1 year old thus I cannot get a score from myfico.
2. IMO I just got a credit card at the end of May, thus I need to wait for 6 years. (I'm happy to know what you think though.)
Message 12 of 37
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@IndianaJoshua wrote:
1. My SSN is 1 year old thus I cannot get a score from myfico.
2. IMO I just got a credit card at the end of May, thus I need to wait for 6 years. (I'm happy to know what you think though.)

1. Fico score would be available after 6 months of a credit card reporting to credit... have you tried to pull it recently? pull your EX if you try since that's what Amex will pull.

2.  Just because you got a card in May doesn't mean you can't get another card now... heck you could get 10 more cards now if you want... While I respect that you can keep yourself to spreading your new accounts out so far, in the case of Amex BCP and the 6% and the current Bonus CASH BACK OFFER, I suggest not waiting and try to apply and see if approved now (most likely) because that's a lot of cash back you could be missing out on over the next 6 months just waiting for no real reason. The INQ if denied will not hurt you will as few as you have... and as some others have said... this whole Amex Blue is the hardest to get and you can't have new credit and blah blah... just not that true anymore if you ask me.

Message 13 of 37
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@NewtoCredit80 wrote:
Jenn_bar, how did you got the starter limit on Chase card at 5000? Chase generally gives small limit of 500 initially to credit newbie's.

I have had an account with Chase through checking and savings for a few years (well since they have been in California). I orginally only received $2,500 for my Freedom. However, when I apped and was instantly approved for the CSP for $5k, I called and asked if they could use that hard pull report to give me a CLI increase on my freedom for $5k. Three days later, the same Chase guy called and said it was done! Checked my report and only 1 inquiry occurred, so thankfully they were true to their word! I also said that I did not want the CLI if they had to pull it again, because I had an app spree coming for the other two cards.

Chase is very good to you if you are good to them.

Message 14 of 37
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jenn_bar wrote:

@NewtoCredit80 wrote:
Jenn_bar, how did you got the starter limit on Chase card at 5000? Chase generally gives small limit of 500 initially to credit newbie's.

I have had an account with Chase through checking and savings for a few years (well since they have been in California). I orginally only received $2,500 for my Freedom. However, when I apped and was instantly approved for the CSP for $5k, I called and asked if they could use that hard pull report to give me a CLI increase on my freedom for $5k. Three days later, the same Chase guy called and said it was done! Checked my report and only 1 inquiry occurred, so thankfully they were true to their word! I also said that I did not want the CLI if they had to pull it again, because I had an app spree coming for the other two cards.

Jenn bar im confused with your sigi showing 6/16 for dates on Amex and Hyatt?

Message 15 of 37
IndianaJoshua

I applied. Status pending review.

Message 16 of 37
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@jenn_bar wrote:

@NewtoCredit80 wrote:

That's when I received the cards. I was being asked about the Chase card situation...

I was telling OP that he shouldn't worry about apping for the BCP because he has a similar credit history to mine before I applied for BCP (6 months) and I was instantly approved.

Sorry. Smiley Sad I don't get why you're puzzled!

EDIT: Gotcha! Changed it! Sorry I apped on June 16th, so I just had to make it the year!

Message 17 of 37
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I think you'll be approved, but prob for a $2k lim.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 18 of 37
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@jenn_bar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@jenn_bar wrote:

@NewtoCredit80 wrote:

That's when I received the cards. I was being asked about the Chase card situation...

I was telling OP that he shouldn't worry about apping for the BCP because he has a similar credit history to mine before I applied for BCP (6 months) and I was instantly approved.

Sorry. Smiley Sad I don't get why you're puzzled!

EDIT: Gotcha! Changed it! Sorry I apped on June 16th, so I just had to make it the year!

Hahahaha. Hey maybe you were just a really good planner and were going to app in 3 years down to the month! Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 37
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

Best of luck. I was suggesting you to wait only because I am also facing the issue on score not being generated due to recent ssn. When I call for recon I felt that getting higher initial Iimits from credit analyst difficult. 3 of them suggesting me to contact again after some history of using the cards. Do keep us updated.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.